• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Quiet moment in Bastogne...

HDHSVI

Company Commander
This figure is one that I bashed way back in 2005. I never really got the figure to have the “look” I was after. The problems started with painting the sculpt. At this time Boot25 was experimenting with using water colors for the eyes. So I thought I’d give it a try. I never got the result that I was looking for, Boot didn’t really either just his results looked good – mine not so. I also had problems with getting the great coat it to sit down on the figure and not look so over bundled. What we had not started to do then was modify the bodies so the extra cloth would sit and not bundle on the figure. The first picture will be of the original bash the rest of the redo.

The head sculpt is Dragon #367 Deke D’amato. I stripped and repainted the head with oils. The eyes were done with acrylics, and some shading with pastels.

The body is a Dragon Neo which has been modified significantly. It has been slimmed down and the joints opened up for more articulation.

The hands are from Dragon, repainted and weathered.

The uniform is a mix of 21st century and Dragon. I modified some of the uniform parts and the buttons on the great coat are functional.

The gear is all Dragon parts, modified and weathered.

The helmet is an early Dragon plastic one that I modified, fixed the chin strap, repainted it, also added the texture to it and then weathered.

The boots are from Newline Miniatures. I weathered them and the rest of the figure with acrylics and pastels.

All insignia is from CVI.

Here is a picture of the original figure.
327d.jpg

Now the new and improved version.
bastogne1.jpg

bastogne2.jpg

bastogne3.jpg

bastogne4.jpg

bastogne5.jpg

bastogne6.jpg

bastogne7.jpg

bastogne8.jpg

bastogne9.jpg

bastogne10.jpg

bastogne11.jpg

bastogne12.jpg

bastogne13.jpg

bastogne14.jpg

bastogne15.jpg

Cya,
Hankster

Great weathering effects...can almost feel the coffee getting colder in his cups canteen.
Thanks for sharing...Steve

Very nice rework. He looks excellent. Just as an aside,if your in the market for another jeep cap,the Bbi version which came with their radio man sparky Is in my opinion the best out there. They are a fine enough weave that they sit really well under a helmet. They show up from time to time on a couple of the eBay stores from China. I've picked up a couple and they are treasured items for sure.

Very nice rework. He looks excellent. Just as an aside,if your in the market for another jeep cap,the Bbi version which came with their radio man sparky Is in my opinion the best out there. They are a fine enough weave that they sit really well under a helmet.

Agreed with Tim on both accounts! Great figure - love the NLM M-43 boots!

You won't be disappointed with a BBi Jeep cap. They're awesome with or without helmets!

Nice work, Hank!

Fred

Great looking figure Hank, he has a very reflective expression and posture, which adds an emotional element to the scene.

Cheers,

Peter.

In the 9th picture I had to look twice as looked really weird with lower torso pic with no space between the 9th and 10th picture. Very nice work and the dio looks great. I can almost feel the cold. I'm sure that cup of coffee must really hit the spot

Wow Hank. You are 100% right about that. He would have been an awesome addition to the Foxhole Rita dio. Looks like we were working on the project together. He's fantastic. Thanks for sharing. Slick

Back