• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Steeldragons.net Steel Dragons AFV / Richard Tripp and ongoing theft

panzerwerk

Administrator
Panzerwerk Announcement

I need to shut down for a week to get caught up on some very large orders and deal with some other Business issues .

IF ANYONE HAS PURCHASED PANZERWERK PARTS FROM A THIRD PARTY VENDOR or has recently been asked to place an order for them from me , please contact me immediately ,you will be able to tell the fake parts due to the very bad castings and resin color .

email me panzerwerk@hotmail.com

JUST SO YOU KNOW ,THERE ARE NO AUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY RETAILERS FOR PANZERWERK RESIN PARTS .

Steeldragons.net steel dragons LLC AFV steeldragons Richard T Tripp

Last edited:
Re: Panzerwerk Announcement

My Attorney has said I can post the following , below you will see pictures of a sample of illegal recasts of my Intellectual property , the points I would like to make to possible consumers is , the Individual selling the recasts charges more then I do for this set , and I supply some extra parts of the hubs just incase , he does not .
This is the Wheel correction set for the Armor Hobbies 250 , this kit is unique in the 1/6th world as no one else made anything close , Masters were made by David Webb for Me and Me only .

Frst Pic is the recast set overall, I have never in 13 years of panzerwerk and 25 plus years of molding and casting ever used grey tinted resin .
WHtheft1.JPG

Second photo below shows a comparison of the recast bolt set for the sprocket next to mine , the white you see on my parts is nothing but residue from the mold release.

WHtheft2.JPG

The next picture is of the front tire rim cap , it was designed by Mr Webb to directly fit over the existing rim protrusion without any modification to the AH rim , as you can see in the recast , they cast them solid so you have to grind off a part of the AH rims to make them work right .

WHtheft3.JPG

These are one choice of replacement hubs for the center hub of the sprocket

WHtheft4.JPG

WHtheft5.JPG

And last is the center hubs for the road wheels

WHtheft6.JPG

In conclusion , the person who ordered this set got a very low quality ripoff and sadly paid more money , I am happy to say I replaced his set with real panzerwerk set .

Please do not ask any information from me at this time, But as I stated in my first post , if you have parts you think might be recasts, or you are asked to order from me by a third party , please contact me at panzerwerk@hotmail.com .

Last edited:
Re: Panzerwerk Announcement

I have used your sets on all of my 250's and those recast look like S---t.
GB

Re: Panzerwerk Announcement PICTURES ADDED

I just want to add , Parts like that would never leave my garage , My stuff is not perfect but no way would i send a set like that to a customer , and I hate to think there are some out there getting these recasts thinking they might have come from me , the black parts I used as a comparison are pulled right from an order going to Denmark soon and were cast as I always cast. One nice thing about all my parts , I retain the hand made masters even if damaged as proof of ownership.

Have to second what GB said they look like poop.:eek:

Jeff

Wow, kinda reminds me of a cross of that Pak35/36 I got years ago from Angela's AF, and the spent brass catcher I got from Von Tunzelman for my Flak 38, haven't seen anything like this in quite a while. It's sad to see this, but I am also happy that we have guys like Panzerwerks, Armorpax, Sixthscale Icons, East Coast Armory, and others, who actually care about their product and take pride in it, hat's off to you Steve for the way you took care of that fellow hobbiest, and I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say thank you for being you, you Rock bro!!!

I was going to post exactly the same as GB posted. Who would buy such garbage?
I would hang any buyer that supports this stuff from the yardarm too!

The point is chaps whom ever has originally bought these replica parts has been conned into believing they were the real items coming from “Panzer Werks” not expensive poor quality reproductions, he’s a victim as much as Steve, you also have to remember that for every person who is clued up to this behaviour there are probably 3 persons who are not or may be new to the hobby, you can’t hang people for being conned but you can hang the person doing the conning

While Hanging was the preferred Naval punishment, today we have to deal with Lawyers and Law , luckily the law is on our side , I have talked to many legal folks about this , and I did not work 13 years to build a Business just to let someone take it from me , Action has been started , it is up to him how far he wants to take it , I have been in this kind of Lawsuit before , its not fun , its not cheap ,I am lucky that I am not alone in this . hopefully it will not effect Panzerwerk and the other small Manufactures involved too much ,Last time I went through this it took about a year and its time you never get back , but if you dont fight for whats yours , who will ?

Funny thing I was thinking about last night , all these talks on the boards about copyright and who owns what , well you might just get to see it play out in real life soon ..

Last edited:

Randy Thanks for the kind words !

Egonzinc : when the seller is using my pictures to sell recasts , you would go and see my pics and make an order , what you get is shown above .

Thanks for all the support guys , it really means something that people care about one's Intellectual properties , just imagine if it was your work !!

Good deal ,somebody needs to tell that boy, he needs a pressure pot of some kind LOL.

Jeff

I think we all know where the cow eats the cabbage now and will order from legitimate sources. I must say, though, when you are new to the hobby, it is hard to separate the wheat from the chaff, and mistakes are made. I, sadly ordered some stuff from the offending company, at one point. I had no idea he was recasting. But, I must say I had to do a huge amount of grinding, filling and sanding to get the parts to fit and look good. I had no such problems with Panzerwerk parts.

may i ask what parts you ordered ??? feel free to PM or email me !

I would never start with hanging, flogging and a good keelhauling first.

I want to send out a HUGE THANKS to everyone who has been so supportive through this , from the folks sending me vital information to the offers of money for a Legal fund for all of us involved , it is really fantastic to know you all care about all the companies involved and are willing to go that extra mile to help us protect our product and Intellectual properties ,YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST !!!

Ouch, Those are some really bad recasts. Obviously a novice. Steve, I am here if you need me. Although Steal Dragons used my pictures of my intellectual property without asking me, he never got his hands on any of my crates or the few things that I make. Thank God !

I only buy from three aftermarket sellers and Pazerwerk was the first and have not once be dissappointed....Keep up the brave work buddy!

Just a heads up for the new members or those that may not know.

Panzerwerk is not a corporation with huge backers. Having been to his "factory", it's in his garage. No employees, no front office his wife is his only support. No corporate retirement plan.

Point I am trying to make is be happy we have him and other people like him that are willing to not become millionaires providing us with the fiddly bits we need to build our projects.

Sixty Driver and I have had several talks on intellectual property rights and copyright infringement. We don't always agree but the end point is if people continue to buy copied parts we are only sticking a dull stick up our own butts, because when the customizers decide it's not worth the effort anymore the good parts go away.

Steve best of luck.
VIRTUS ET HONORIS

I'm still fairly new to the hobby but I have to say I'm glad I started off buying your excellent parts.
Steve Fisher

Thanks guys !!! I wish I could share more with whats going on , maybe down the road , But we are very busy right now dealing with this .:mad:

Back