• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Work in progress Polish infantryman, 1939

PolishandProud

Marksman
When Humanwave Figures introduced their “Walenty Pokidanski” figure back in 2007(?), I was super excited. I figured I could buy a couple of the figures, keep one as is, and use the other to do a custom 1939 infantryman and or officer. I had a few done that turned out so-so, as I was young, impatient, and didn’t have much talent except to take one uniform off a figure and put it on another. Over the last several months I started tinkering and trying to take my time with this project to really make it look good, and I think once I’m actually finished with it I can proudly display it. The figure is a DID Vasili Zaire’s/Jude Law head sculpt. Uniform is a slightly altered humanwave, with DID leg wraps and ankle boots. Helmet is a DML m1 helmet I added sand to some paint to give it the textured finish, breadbag is a heavily modified battlegear toys, gas mask bag is modified DML, and the gas mask canister is sideshow. The shovel, mess kit, and long rifle I cannot remember. Still need to finish off the helmet with a liner and chinstrap, then it’s time to work on a knapsack. Still trying to decide if I want to attempt to build the model 1933, or something earlier. In a few pictures you’ll see the 1:6 scale item next to their full sized counterparts.

Attachments

• IMG_7462.jpeg
    IMG_7462.jpeg
    955.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7461.jpeg
    IMG_7461.jpeg
    601.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2371.jpeg
    IMG_2371.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2372.jpeg
    IMG_2372.jpeg
    1,022.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2374.jpeg
    IMG_2374.jpeg
    520.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2375.jpeg
    IMG_2375.jpeg
    412.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2376.jpeg
    IMG_2376.jpeg
    501.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2377.jpeg
    IMG_2377.jpeg
    462.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2382.jpeg
    IMG_2382.jpeg
    424.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2383.jpeg
    IMG_2383.jpeg
    678.9 KB · Views: 13
LOL, I thought the pic with the 1:1 bread bag was a 1:6 bag and was thinking "damn that looks real" :D

The HW figure was top notch, and you are doing the gear justice. Keep it up :!:
Thanks! And yeah, the humanwave figure is always going to be a favorite of mine. Wish they, or anyone else for that matter, had done other Polish figures.

Very nice WIP indeed with regards to the detailing and grand to see one of the lesser-known WW2 armies represented (well, in terms of model work) . Just wondering Jacob if this'll lead to a famed mounted Lancer build in the future. Thanks for sharing, Steve

Very nice WIP indeed with regards to the detailing and grand to see one of the lesser-known WW2 armies represented (well, in terms of model work) . Just wondering Jacob if this'll lead to a famed mounted Lancer build in the future. Thanks for sharing, Steve
Thanks! It could very well lead to a lancer, or just a general cavalryman. For that I’ll have to enlist some help from one of the great saddle and tack makers that are out there.

Back