Sixth Army Group  

Go Back   Sixth Army Group > Discussion Areas > General Quarters

General Quarters General 1:6 WWII Discussion Forum

Old 01-23-2010, 05:09 AM   #1
majorarchiegates
Machine Gunner

Montgomery Sculpt Disappointment!

Well, i got the Montgomery sculpt loose in the mail today and i was extremely disappointed!!! The Sculpt is every bit as good as the photo posted above, however it came with a noticeable paint scuff on the nose. I've posted a pic of it below, although i don't think it is quite as noticeable in this photo. This is one of the most annoying things about collecting 1/6. Its bad enough when this happens over time, but when you buy a figure or sculpt and it comes like this out of the packaging, its extremely frustrating! Especially when you shell out $20 for a headsculpt!
Its also ironic since the sculpt comes encased in a plastic box, which you would think would be there to protect the finish of the sculpt in the first place. Did anyone else who bought this, have the same problem? It is remotely possible that the paint discepancy is deliberate and an attempt to recreate the shine off the nose. If its is, i don't think its a very good effect!

I`m going to try and contact DID to resolve the problem. I`ve had some success with DML and Twisting Toys in replacing defective parts in the past, so i`m hoping DID will be equally receptive! I'll keep you posted!

majorarchiegates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:21 AM   #2
gebirgsjager6thss
Battalion Commander

Location: Farthest Point From the Bright Centre Of The Universe
Did you buy it from a store or e-tailer? Wont they refund your money or replace it?
The way some of my stuff gets destroyed in the mail or by Fed-Ex-UPS,could it be from their ruff handling?
GJ
gebirgsjager6thss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:38 AM   #3
majorarchiegates
Machine Gunner

Well, its already out of stock at the e-tailer as its quite a limited edition item. I don't really want a refund, i'd much rather have a replacement as the sculpt itself is one of the nicest i've ever seen!
Also, its definitely NOT the responsibility of the e-tailer or USPS here as the headsculpt was well packaged and encased in a sturdy plastic box. Its really a factory defect and thus i feel the responsibility of the manufacturer.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #4
gebirgsjager6thss
Battalion Commander

Location: Farthest Point From the Bright Centre Of The Universe
In that case,a factory defect,it is defenately the manufacturers responsibility.
My luck with help from DML when stuff like this happens is hit and miss,I hope DiD is going to stand by their product.
I would not mention it was a parted out piece,tell them it was a boxed fiure,if asked,because they will probably say it was damaged by the e-tailer.
I do not like lying,but these companies will use any excuse to keep from making good.
Good luck,
GJ
gebirgsjager6thss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
B Hellqvist
Company Commander

When the katana (sword) that came with DiD's Takeda Shingen samurai figure broke (the blade was made from some pot metal), I contacted DiD. They requested a photo and a proof of purchase, and when they were satisifed with the details, a replacement (with a steel blade!) was sent promptly.
B Hellqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
majorarchiegates
Machine Gunner

Quote:
When the katana (sword) that came with DiD's Takeda Shingen samurai figure broke (the blade was made from some pot metal), I contacted DiD. They requested a photo and a proof of purchase, and when they were satisifed with the details, a replacement (with a steel blade!) was sent promptly

Did they require you to send the original piece back to them?
Old 01-24-2010, 05:04 AM   #7
General Specific
Battalion Commander

Location: 5 Hours from the Center of the Universe. Ottawa, Canada

If you can't get any resolution from DiD or the eTailers, hit the g/f's makeup kit and apply some coverup or foundation or whatever it is that comes in those waterproof little viles. Works a charm if her skin color is a close match. It's semi permenent, I just wouldn't rub it too much.
General Specific is offline   Reply With Quote