• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. K

Vietnam dio's

First dio "Shit Burner" Nasty job for the new guys. Second dio "Shotgun"
  2. K

Garand Thumb

Just something I put together after seeing this facepool head sculpt. 1944 basic training - Rifle range day "You will now take one 8 round clip out of your ammo pouch." "Insert it into your rifle." "And let the bolt go forward." And with that order there was a loud scream of pain...
  3. K

TIGER 101 Gunnery practice

Back in 1999 Dragon released Fritz. [/URL][/IMG] I decided he needed a tank, so I started to build him a Tiger. (This was before Armortek came out with there model). This was my first scratch build. Anyway jumping ahead I had the turret made and the hull made when Armortek came out with there...
  4. K

Marder III Ausf.M(late)

Well here are the pictures of were I am at on my Marder. Still a long way to go. The running gear, tracks, drivers visor(modified) and notek are from Panzerwerk, every thing else was scratch built. I have one problem, I do not have enough track links to do both sides and spares. I have 200...
  5. K

5 Ton jack

With all this down time I decided to work on an old project I started a loooong time ago - a scratch built Marder III M. I have made some progress, which I will show later. I was at the point where I needed a jack. I had gotten one from DML but it was not correct so I decided to build one...
  6. K

Salute

Just something for memorial day. A Salute to all that were lost. [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG]
  7. K

My Kelly's Heroes Figures

Here is my rendition of 3 figures from Kelly's Heroes - Big Joe, Kelly and the German These are movie accurate not historically accurate. First is Big Joe Need to give him the correct Thompson with leather sling. [/URL][/IMG] His gear [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] Next is Kelly Still need...
  8. K

Sad little tank

I went to APG this past Saturday for there centennial celebration / live fire demonstration. It was short but not bad. While I was there I went by the old tank museum to see what it looked like now after the move. There sitting in front of the old museum was the only tank there, and from the...
  9. K

Leibstandarte to the front

This time I have made a dio showing soldiers of the Leibstandarte marching to the front. It is late June, early July as the troops start to move to the front to get in position for the start of operation "Citadel". The division was rebuilt following the heavy loses from the Kharkov fighting...
  10. K

Carentan 9 June 1944

I wanted to do a dio of the rivals at Carentan on June 9 and here is what I came up with. It depicts the 502 PIR/3rd Battalion and Fallschirmjager Regiment 6. First up the "Green Devils" Next the "Screaming Eagles" Here is a view of the whole scene. I...
  11. K

SS Sniper

A friend at work wanted me to make him a sniper, so after narrowing it down as to what type of sniper he wanted this is what I made. Head is DID's george puller - scowl Hands are Toys City Rifle is Toys City Jacket is Battle Gear Toys All the rest is Dragon
  12. K

Your papers please

Somewhere in France May, 1944
  13. K

5th Marines Nov. 1942

14. K

Another M5 Stuart

I have almost finished the other Stuart (M5A1 early) that I started long ago and now I am building an M5. There are alot of pictures and this is for all the rivet counters (me) out there. If anyone sees something that is wrong or needs to be added let me know. Here is the start of it. I had...
  15. K

June 6 - Click Clack

June 6, 1944 Holdy / Sainte-Marie du Mont A Private from the 502 PIR 2nd Bn and a Sergeant from the 506 PIR 1st Bn meet up near Holdy. They move cautiously along the stone wall, coming to the end of the wall the Sergeant pulls out his cricket to identify himself and see if there are any other...
  16. K

After The Battle

First I would like to thank Jason for having this contest and congratulations to Eduardo for winning, great entry. Here is my entry After The Battle, January 1945 Members of a collecting squad from the graves registration unit moves in to collect and evacuate the dead from the battlefield...
  17. K

Red Ball Express

This is my latest diorama, it is of an MP directing traffic for the Red Ball Express. I used a combination of Soldier Story, DML and DID. I need to make better straps for the helmet. Any suggestions, good or bad, let me know. I was inspired by this picture [/img] Here is the base [/img]...
  18. K

A good use for Laika

I got the T-800 from Sideshow and it is a great figure, looks just like Arnold. I had set him up and noticed Laika nearby so it was only natural to put them together, even a 1/6 dog can detect a terminator. [/img]
  19. K

Soldier Story M42

Now that SS has come out with the new 101st figure how does the M42 uniform compare to the others that are out there ? Is the color correct, because I have a NLM M42 and it is more of a green color where the SS is more of a brown/tan.
  20. K

APG Hetzer

I went to Aberdeen Proving Grounds today and they have restored the Hetzer and puy it inside the museum. Don't know about the camo scheme they put on it, has anyone ever seen this before? [/img] [/img] Looks like they did a good job on the interior. [/img] [/img]
Back