• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Marder III Ausf.M(late)

Kapernakis

Platoon Leader
Well here are the pictures of were I am at on my Marder.
Still a long way to go.
The running gear, tracks, drivers visor(modified) and notek are from Panzerwerk, every thing else was scratch built.
I have one problem, I do not have enough track links to do both sides and spares. I have 200 links and used 104 on one side.
This is a pretty accurate model as I actually took measurements from the real thing when it was still at Aberdeen Proving Grounds back in the day.

P5140365_zpsgllcxvbr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5140362_zpsz0nz6oez.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5140378_zpsj0bolkjw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5140377_zpsmqb3ktyb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5140384_zpsgnrfzfkt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5140367_zpspwe9cpng.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5140368_zpsafddqxt3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5140386_zps1pifw5dd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5140385_zpstygkh6w4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5140374_zpswabybqx4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5140375_zps9kinvpcm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5140376_zpssqbvldun.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5140369_zpsbq8agjgy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5140370_zpsc4z6ftim.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5140371_zpso0dzsbu6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Made all the hatches functional.
P5140381_zpsrmemympc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Still have to make the jack brackets.
P5140387_zpsf0sxvtbm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks great so far! Impressed that you did all the micro-fastener bolts. I could never bring myself to do all that.

Did you use Panzerwerk’s 38t track links? Or the wider Hetzer ones? I have 8 partially assembled of his 38t track links that you’re welcome too. Just drop me a message with your info. They were intended to hang on a hull of one of my Marders.

Wow that is coming along excellent. Great project! Nice work so far. that is a lot of screws - they are expensive little buggers!

Are you planning to build the Pak40 or use a Dragon model? Either way will look fantastic.
Bob

Simply gob-smacking in every regard...and the fact it's largely scratch-built...how I kingdom for such talent. Superb work and can't wait to see the finished product if the build so far is anything to go by. Cheers for sharing, Steve

Thanks for the comments.

fusilier1944, I did use the 38t track links. Thanks for the offer much appreciated I will send you a message.

Bob yes there are ALOT of bolts and my stock is getting low. As for the Pak40 I might try to build it but if it does not come out good I have a 21st century one that I will use.
Did Dragon make a model of the Pak40?

Thanks for the comments.

fusilier1944, I did use the 38t track links. Thanks for the offer much appreciated I will send you a message.

Bob yes there are ALOT of bolts and my stock is getting low. As for the Pak40 I might try to build it but if it does not come out good I have a 21st century one that I will use.
Did Dragon make a model of the Pak40?

Amazing attention to detail, my eyes are hurting just from looking at the pics, let alone imagining doing all those tiny screws and bolts!

Looks great, for the small bolts and screws, are they from Micro Fasteners? Looks to be be 2-56 and possibly the 0-90. Is that correct? Am impressed with all the custom work and time it took to lay out all the fasteners, drill the holes, bend and fabricate the brass connectors and then install all the bolts and screws.

Leonard
RTT

Progress is slowly moving on, got the right side almost done. My fingers hurt from all the cutting, bending, drilling and tapping.
I am starting to work on the ammo racks, hopefully they come out ok.

Leonard
The screws and bolts are from micro fasteners and fastener-express, most are 3-48 and 2-56 and some 1-72, 0-80, 0-90.
To make the spare track hold down I had to drill out a 3-48 and tap it for a 1-72.

P5180389_zpspduxalgs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Awesome attention to detail.....just freaking awesome. BTW I have a Dragon PaK but it was made with polystone.

I am building a Marder on the Panzer II hull. I had asked what would be the best 75mm gun to use, several board members recommended using the 21st century. Reason quoted was it's strength.

Hammer saw your Marder looks great. I have a 21st century Pak40 and will probably use that.
Dragon Pak - the dreaded POLYSTONE

I got a little more done, added the tarp tiedowns, the gunners seat, fire extinguisher and started the ammo racks. the racks are not complete, waiting on some parts to finish them.

P5250392_zpsuxe3c5wn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5250394_zpshqrpm5p3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5250391_zpsh6pplu2h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5250395_zpswlcoxpsw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5250396_zpsou4fg4pv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5250390_zpslkroohwm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

As of now I have 2 rounds, 1 HP, 1 AP and 1 shell casing. These are from Panzerwerk. Does anyone make these?

I got the loaders seat made. Have it painted a brown leather color, but should it be black?

P5260400_zpsqaqut5ds.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P5260401_zpslhnxswia.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Made 6 tubes for the ammo racks, 21 more to go.

P5270405_zpsuoijq4xs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I now have to figure out how to make this part.

IMG_0435_zpsivl8snwo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If you search my threads I’ve built several of these Marders with varying level/quality of details. My last builds can be found in this thread: click here. Looks like I never posted finished photos tho I never weathered these last couple.

For the ammo I modified & recast a version sold by dragon back in the day. That’s was when I was feeling adventurous. But when I was lazy I took wooden dowel and sanded points on a belt sander then painted to look like a projectile & casing. I also have a set of 3 panzerwerk rounds as well that were what I intended to use for action shots but haven’t done anything yet. They are very nice & were well worth the money.

In the above thread you can see the ammo tubes (try clicking on the pics that got photobucketed) and how I built that top tab out of layered styrene. I never did get around to making the retaining straps.

Back