• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

21st Panzergrenadier Regiment (1Oth SS Panzer Div) Arnhem 1944

Mohawk03

Marksman
21st Panzergrenadier Regiment (10th SS Panzer Div) Arnhem 1944

i-s9mm4hq-XL.jpg

I finished a figure that I've wanted to accomplish for over a year now. Having read (years ago) "A Bridge Too Far" and more recently "It Never Snows in September" and A Street In Arnhem" both by Robert Kershaw, I wanted to try my hand at this figure and I was also wanting to make my own version of the DML figure "Rolf Wagner". This is my version...

i-RG6rDTZ-M.jpg

For my version I went with a youthful head sculpt, I used Tony Barton's head sculpt #48. Approximately 70% of the unit were 17 year old conscripts finishing up their RAD service.

i-d6jgjm8-L.jpg

Rudi Trapp, 3rd Company, 21st Panzergrenadier Regiment, 10th SS Panzer Division. He was an acting corporal conducting weapons training when the attack started. He and the rest of his company were ordered to respond to the attack, sp they took off on purloined Dutch bicycles. He and his comrades ended up facing off with Lieutenant Colonel John Frost's 2nd Bn. His story inspired my figure as well.

i-vG2j8Fh-XL.jpg

i-jCbQNt3-XL.jpg

Sturmmann Rolf Wagner- my version. He is lightly equipped as per the photo record seen of most of the SS troops who participated. Many of whom were anticipating to "rest and refit" back in Germany. Others, like Rolf, grabbed what they could and responded as ordered being told they would be reinforced as soon as possible. Many had stored their gear, stuffed ammo and whatever they could into pockets.

i-xcvgbMz-XL.jpg

His "blurred edge" camouflage smock is by Toy City. The metal grommets removed and eyelets stitched in as per the 1:1 version, along with a better draw cord. The pocket flaps are functional and have also been button hole stitched. His belt buckle is by DiD and re-worked. The belt is scratch-made as per the 1:1 version as are his Y straps. His Tunic is a DML M43 tunic that has been tailored and now has functioning buttons and the hook and eye closure at the collar. The collar tabs are by Sixth Scale King.

i-k6RdGXk-L.jpg

i-jNr5pZ4-L.jpg

His M42 helmet is by Troitskaya28. I painted it the mid-late war color scheme, the liner and chinstrap are scratch made from leather.

i-XKcDHHC-L.jpg

I armed him with the Sten MK V for this as there are numerous photos showing the Germans using them and numerous accounts of the German vets stating that they used them quite a bit as well. The Sten is by DiD, the sling is scratch made and properly attached.

i-tGG5Lp6-XL.jpg

His trousers are Battle Gear toys (BGT), brushed cotton and great to work with. His boots are BGT as well and his gamaschen are some re-worked Newline Miniature that I had on hand.

i-qkTp9vK-L.jpg

Thank you for looking...........Jim

Last edited:
Very nicely done indeed. The use of the captured Sten V really enhances the figure (and the fact both sides utilised captured weapons the more the battle wore-on) and I've always been a fan of that particular type of smock pattern. Thanks for sharing, Steve

Great figure! The headsculpt reminds me of the kid that winters shoots in one of the market garden episodes of "bob".

Very nice work Jim. That DML figure released was always lacking when it could have been such a great release and you brought it up to snuff.

The pics of German troops from Arnhem are amazing. Such a variety of gear and uniform items worn. Straggling Heer troops mixed in with SS troops, British gear of all kinds being used...you did the subject justice.

Back