• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

**6th Army Group Contest Update, Please Read**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Red One";p="4160 said:
Im back from the woods with a boat load of photos!

One more question

Can a person submit 6 photos representing 6 different "Defensive Positions"?

Example: 2 photos of North Africa defenses 2 Photos of "Battle of the Bulge" and 2 photos of D-Day

Would it work against you doing this?

Thanks

Apologies for a belated response. I would offer to say that as long as you think you've met the level of criteria in all of your 3 time period depictions in each of the 6 photos, its no different than an entrant submitting 6 photos of just a one time period depiction.

If I understand this right, your talking about basically 3 totally different dio's? That would not be acceptable if that's the intent because your essentially entering 3 dio's. If your talking about events unfolding, like a seesaw battle: Germans would be occupying a trench line, thrown out and then show Americans occupying the same position as an example, that would be fine. Showing 3 totally different dio's on the other hand is more or less giving a person 3 opportunities to win which is not how we intend the contest to run. Hope that answers your question. :D

I think y'all should just check out the first entry which fits perfectly In the guidlines and meets all criteria, no idea who the entrant Is, but great job, hope to see more stuff like that from you guys :)

Wayne, if you please, its either too late or i am a retard, but i havent seen where you anwsered the question about the 2 documentary pics. Do they count as part of the six? I have read every post 3 times and didnt see any reply.

As for photo enhancement , do muzzle blasts or tracers count?

Thanks!

yep, I am challenged. Where do we send our contributions? Could some one email me or PM me with an address?

thanks!

i bet i know the answer to this question....but could i maybe possibly have a chance to do a CIVIL WAR dio?? or is this STRICTLY WW2...cuz i know this board is not JUST ww2. like we can post modern and ww1 in the off topic area....so why is the contest off limits. i would really like to participate, and i would be even more overjoyed if i would be allowed to use Civil War figures...randy your thoughts?

1. Can some of the pics include different posing of the troops and actions? Using the same position?

2.What are the limit on blood and wounds? I wanted to add some realism to the dio, but don't want to be disqualified or points deducted.TIA

1. Yes you can "move" your men around if you think that's going to be an advantage. Just keep in mind that the diorama is not intended to be a comic style illustrated story. In addition, the "action" will not be considered by the judges based on the judging criteria. It may be beneficial in the "peoples choice" category, but we wont know the answer to that until after all of the members have had their chance to vote.

2. There's no limititations on blood and wounds. That being said, we aren't going to admit entries that are ghoulish to the point of distaste or in any way glorify trauma. We are all big boys here and we all know that men died thousands of horrible deaths during the war and we aren't trying to gloss over or hide that simple and most basic reallity. If you want to err on the side of caution you can always submit your entry with the proviso that if it is deemed unacceptable you will be allowed to change/alter/correct your entry to be more reasonable and in keeping with the spirit of the contest and this forum.

Okay thanks! I wasn't planing on having it all glorified to the point were it's sick, but just some bullet holes. I have a sorry german, with lets say a "mess" all over his stomach, I thought about using him but I guess I'm gonna leave him out. Thanks again!

Looks like the competiton is stacking up! But only 10 entries at this point?

Looks like many are going to hold out til the end before submitting.

After making my first dio, I decided I didn't like it and constructed a second one. whew!

My final question before submitting my entry:

What is the limit for picture size? 640 x 480 ?

I want to work with 800 x 600 to show the smaller details in my pics.
Will this be permitted?

Thanks!
Big Red One

Well, the contest deadline has come!

It looks like everyone who entered did a great job.

Looks like the judges will have their work cut out choosing the winners from all the great dio's that were submitted. I sure wouldn't wanta be in their shoes.

So much for the last two entries being annoymious, asking if they made the deadline in time in the general quarters area pretty much revealed the identity of the last two entries.

Im looking forward to posting more shots from my dio after the judging ends. I hope to see alot more of all the dio entries in the near future.

Thanks for the great contest! It been a blast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back