• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Aluminum Tresse Idea

pzrwest

Brigade Commander
I had an idea for makeing tresse for German nco's. I thought in ever package of cigarettes there is paper-backed aluminum foil. I then cut a 1/16th" strip from it and proceeded to glue it around the edge pf a shoulder strap I had printed out. When done it looked really good so thought I would pass this on. For non smokers I'm sure you must have a friend that does smoke, just ask them to save you the empty pack. American cigarettes might be slightly different when it comes to the foil though. Here are a few pics of the tresse idea. Comments welcomed... Harold
tresse02.jpg

tresse03.jpg

tresse04.jpg

If you need a sheet of this paperbacked foil just paypal me a buck to cover the postage and I'll send you a sheet

As I said I'm niot sure of American cigarette packs have the smooth foil or the textured foil like we have in Canadian packages.
Thank you Hammer, amazeing what ones mind comes up with at times, some ideas are really dumb but just once in awhile one has a great idea. Many years ago we used to carefully peal the paper backing away and byrnish the foil on model airplains to represent bare aluminum. We also used to burnish it to the table top in resturaunts and it would take alot of scrapeing for the waitresses to get it off... Amazeing what some crazy kids will do for a kick....LOL

Great idea, pzrwest.

Another thought: I don't know if it still does, but Wrigley's Gum (Juicyruit, Doublemint) used to come packed in the same type of foil. Ideal for non-smokers, and a heluva lot cheaper than a pack of smokes.

Jamie C. Kendall

Juicy Fruit foil? So you don't want your NCOs smelling like tobacco, but don't mind if they smell like fruits?!

The best foil to use is the non shinny foil, it resembles the tresse used on the straps. If the section of foil is long enough it could also be used for the tresse on the collars

Back