• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

And the winners are ...

Sixth Vanguard

Board Flunky, aka Site Admin
All those that participated!

A big thanks to all the members who entered into this contest. Lot's of great figures and winners all. :!: :!:

First Place:

Russian winter 1942

by tsatsos

778-eastern-front-winter-dsc04660-jpg

Second Place:

Unterfeldwebel flame thrower, 16.Field Div(LW), July '44

by egonzinc

399191616.jpg

Third Place:
St. Lo Survivor;Periers,France, July 25, 1944

by thetoysurgeon

100_1115800x629_139846.jpg

Honorable Mention:
PT Crew

by pangaloss

IMG_8752.jpg

Comrades in war

by Sgt Shultz II

399422120.jpg

Thanks again to all those that entered :!: :!: :!:

Last edited:
Congratulations to the winners and mentioned ... really have been very good figures, each one better ...

And to all the participants, fantastic figures too, and prepare the next, this is the most fun I have this hobby... :):)

Congrats to all the winners.... well done guys. The officer figure in the PT Crew by pangaloss looks alot like Richie from the movie PT109..... Harold

Wow ! I am very surprised that I even placed. I am astonished considering the competition.Congrats to the winners and all contestants. I am seeing tons of great work.Thank you to the SAG Admin for hosting and judging another fine contest. Ireally like the medal awards. Pleasegive a moment to consider what our armed services have done for you and thiscountry.

On another note, I amseeing several types of figures being presented, especially in this contest. I see (1) What I call Museum Display, afigure(s) on a figure base. Typicallythese are single figures but I have seen multiples. The base is only large enough to accept thefigure. Very formal to me. The 1stand 2nd place of this contest, Tsatsos and Egonzinc presented in museum display. Usually has a neutralbackground. (2) Figure dioramas arewhere there are props and scenery to support the figures. 1 to infinity figures are involved andusually has no armor/heavy weapons. I consider my entry a figure diorama. To befair to all contestants and ease of judging, I suggest for all future contests,we state the type of figure contest that is to be entered. Just a suggestion. I am perfectly pleased with all past contests onSAG.

I could go on with vehicles/weapons contests either being a walk-around museum type display with nofigures and likewise dioramas with figure. I’ll like to see this topic kickedaround. If I am outta place let me know.

Back