• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

ANZAC Day Tribute

Will

Rifleman
Hello All,

This is a series of shots that I have just finished in honor of of the brave warriors from Down Under that fought heroically during the World Wars, without whom, victory in both wars would have been impossible. The troops of both Australia and New Zealand got a well deserved reputation for their relaxed attitude towards parade ground discipline, courage, resourcefulness, and the unwillingness to quit in the face of adversity.

First we have two weary, but triumphant Aussie troopers of the 2nd Lighthorse Regiment after the Battle of Jerusalem in 1918. Corporal Rollin Davies sits astride faithful Waler, Betsey, as Trooper Bill Russel holds a captured Turkish flag for the camera. Even the heat and flies are bearable now: the end of the war is nigh.

The next scene is in Italy, 1944. A patrol of New Zealand soldiers are taking a brief rest in the woods after capturing a FJ that has been separated from his section. The gruff, veteran Sgt. MacDonald points in the direction that the German says his comrades are located for Lieutenant Tom Worsley (who in youthful bravado, stands erect with no helmet). The German watches them is apprehension. Pvt. Stan Clark watches the FJ from behind while his friends Pvt. Johan Weiss and Cpl. Sam Jenkins admire the FJ's helmet. "You won't be needin' this where you're goin,' mate."

Special thanks to AB64 who gave me invaluable assistance with the NZ insignia!

Attachments

• IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0711.jpg
    IMG_0711.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0713.jpg
    IMG_0713.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 125
Hereof the are the rest pics. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0710.jpg
    IMG_0710.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0698.jpg
    IMG_0698.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 116
Thanks Will, nice group of figures. As a former LH trooper it's always nice to see them pop up on the forum. I like the flag reminds me of one in our OR's mess. Also good to see some kiwis remembered.

Very nice! The posing of the figures of the troopers on patrol who have come across a german looks very good! Nice figures, all of them and some great info!

Superb figures, Will, and apologies that I've managed to miss this until now!

I have to say, I particularly like the chap in pic 5 - that's an excellent pose, and great choice of HS too.

Very, very well done, a great tribute for certain.

Best,
AB

P.S. No worries! ;) Glad I could help.

Thanks for viewing, everyone, and for your very kind comments. My photography is up to it's usual standards of mediocrity,but it was a very enjoyable and enlightening project that taught me a lot that you don't usually find in the history books.
Hope you all have a lovely day! :)

Back