• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Assorted Cardboard Ammo boxes ?? any interest ??

Thanks for all the orders guys , I now have a small idea of the potential for more items , I hope you think the prices are fair , there is quite a bit of cost in making these between ink and paper wear and tear on the machine from using card stock , but if this goes bigger , I will go to a printing store and have them print them and save my machine .

Thanks again , its always good to add new items to the store !

German 8mm Ammo boxes !!

Just put them up , 4 versions of the 8mm ammo ! Wayne MF Lint made the artwork !

Tracer, Standard, SS, and MG

72d168b12a36887c300a4c4568145ba1.jpg

Re: German 8mm Ammo boxes !!

The same boxes could be used for re-loading the belts for the mg34/42, etc. There's a great idea for a dio shoot of a couple guys sitting down re-loading the ammo belts. One would have to scratchbuild a loading hand cranked loader. One guy filling the hopper and the other cranking the crank

Dragon made a reloading machine with one of the Soldat 4 releases. I used it in a machine gun bunker that I displayed at one of the Great Texas GIJoe Shows.
I had a soldier sitting at a table with the reloader and a partial belt of MG links hanging out of it. I had some pics in my old photo gallery here on the SAG.

Dragon made a reloading machine with one of the Soldat 4 releases. I used it in a machine gun bunker that I displayed at one of the Great Texas GIJoe Shows.
I had a soldier sitting at a table with the reloader and a partial belt of MG links hanging out of it. I had some pics in my old photo gallery here on the SAG.

I believe that would be this dio, jfunk.

Your gallery is still there,
Sixth Army Group Gallery - Home > User galleries > jfunk

There was a small mistake on our box , I have the new file and will print and show the correct box soon !

Great pics !

That was the dio. Thank you very much, Sixth Vanguard, for posting the picture!

Panzerwerk and Wayne MF Lint Box fiasco update !

I have received PM's ,Emails and even phone calls about the Boxes and people want them offered even with the lighter card stock , so I will put them back up soon when I reopen after getting caught up on some orders and other Business .
I have the Stuart Trucks molded and need to get some first casts out as well and add the new boxes below , Thanks for all the input guys , I wish I had a better source of paper where I live but ordering paper on the internet is going to be more expensive due to shipping and such , so please be patient and we will keep the new product line going .

Thanks and sorry for all the B.S.

Steve

Some others that I finished last night

Aid Station Drink Box

AIDstationBOX1.JPG

British Tea Ration Box

BritishTEArationBOX1.JPG

Carlisle Bandage Box

BANDAGEbox1.JPG

M Unit Ration Box , I put this one together badly sorry

MunitBOX.JPG

Hi Steve, ammo boxes arrived whilst I was away on my hols . They are fantastic mate . Any news on any other Germ stuff ?

Thanks Andy

Just what was already shown , 4 kinds of 8mm and the MP44 boxes at this point , But I am sure Wayne will be making more !

K rations are done , pics soon .

Lets talk about boxes !!!!

I found some craft paper locally that works in my printer , the color is great , But its paper , so it is very thin compared to card stock , so my question is , what do you prefer ? strength ?? or color ??? Lets hear it !!!!

These will not work for the larger boxes , and I am going to order proper card stock in Craft color for the larger boxes , I just hope it will not effect price .

Here are both below :

Kratcomp2.JPG

KratDARK1.JPG

KratLIGHT1.JPG

Re: Lets talk about boxes !!!!

I have locally sourced a slightly dark card stock for the larger boxes , I will use the thinner for the smaller boxes and I think thats as good as its gonna get , I looked into ordering online and shipping was just way too much , so I will see how it goes with the new paper .

I like the color!

A question. If it was paper, you could alwasy reinforce with some other material on the inside for strength.. correct? I think that regardless, that I would want my boxes to have some weight to them, so I would probably put something inside.

Or does that approach given the size just not make sense. I have not worked with these or created anything similar so that is why I am asking.

thanks,
joe

Steve, You should be able to find Craft paper locally where you are. You might want to check with local paper vendors (for printing companies) you would want 70lbs. cover stock. I have a crap load of the stuff myself if we were closer I would just give it to you...

Steve, You should be able to find Craft paper locally where you are. You might want to check with local paper vendors (for printing companies) you would want 70lbs. cover stock. I have a crap load of the stuff myself if we were closer I would just give it to you...
Checked , nothing in my area other then Michaels,Staples,and office depot .

I think for the smaller boxes the paper will be fine , and I found a slightly darker card stock for the bigger boxes which I will put together and take pics in the next couple days , I really do not have many options where I live , I am about 45 minutes drive from my nearest paper supply , but next time I get packing materials , I will talk to them .

Back