• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Board and Community Rules

Sixth Vanguard

Board Flunky, aka Site Admin
Rules and Regulations

1. New posts should be made in the relevant section.

2. Replies should be relevant to the post.

3. Politics are FORBIDDEN We have a zero tolerance for political discussion in ANY of the forums.

4. Corporate representatives are more than welcome here, in fact we encourage their participation. The only caveat is that corporate representatives (official or non-official) plainly identify their affiliation in either their screen name OR via custom signature.

5. Sales in the discussion forums are prohibited. This includes hawking for others.

6. Personal problems will not be discussed here at the SAG, period.

7. ADDED: 6/17/2005 Manufacturer bashing and partisan party wars are NOT welcome here. Comparing two similar releases is encouraged, arguing/speculating about which company copied which company are NOT the types of discussions were are trying to foster here. We do not see a single constructive/useful purpose for these types of debates. We can not control the competitive course some companies choose to take here and instead prefer to focus on the accuracy or overall quality of a product regardless of who's trademark is stamped on the box.

That is about it for the rules. We could write many more rules for those lacking common sense but we do not come here to play lawyer and get into all sorts of hair splitting. If your lacking common sense and or decency all the rules in the world are not going to help you out.

Above all else, enjoy your time here!

We are adding a new policy. On several occasions we have had threats by persons (members) for legal action against the board. Most of the time these threats are the result of their own doings on the board. The new policy is simple, you threaten the board with lawsuit and your gone, this is for our protection and the members.

We will do our best to remove whatever content was involved in said incident regardless of opinions just to appease said person threatening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back