• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

bussiness of my own

i am makeing my own bussiness and i will add detail and stuff to bodies, faces(minimum detail will be added),clothes exetra exetra and i will make injured and dead guys. now i was wondering were can get

paint of all colors
stands to put clothes on
and anything else you think i need

and i need costumers after i finish my first guy tell me if he is good
i will sell him and i will make custom unfiforms for people

thanks, nick

Whilst I applaud your enthusiasm, I have to caution you that if at this point in time you don't even know where to find the materials you intend to use , it probably is'nt likely that you would find much of a market for your efforts.
Take a look around the posts here and you will see a large number of very talented individuals creating some extremely impressive work on figures and vehicles. To be blunt, no-one is going to send expensive figures and equipment to someone with no reputation in the field or body of work for reference in order to pay them to "work" on the figure.
The alternative of buying in stock and customising it yourself then offering it for sale is likely to be beyond your means given your age.
My best advice is to slow down, watch and learn and enjoy this hobby for what it has to offer, rather than trying to run before you can walk.

To echo what Kev has said. your enthusiasm is to be applauded. Having younger members of society interested in this hobby and the inherent history involved is wonderful and exciting.

However , take to heart the other intent behind his message. I would hazard to say that he speaks for the majority of the adult members here in this community. Slow down, watch , listen and learn. Start small and experiment. Even those here who are considered masters in the art of customizing and creating will tell you that it is a set of skills learned through much trial and error over time. Not to mention the financial aspect of it all.

You should for sure post pics on the SAG...i'm sure members here will be glad to provide tips and helpful advice with regards to historical accuracy

Daniel

If you want to start any kind of business you're going to have to compete with your age it's a sad fact that most people your age lack the maturity to pull off any kind of real business venture you get grand ideas in your head and then lose focus etc. What I would suggest is find one thing you like and practice even if you start out making crap just keep trying once you've achieved a level of skill start posting pics of your work not only the finished product but work in progress it will help you build a reputation of being organized and hard working then once you have some stuff to sell, sell some things very cheap or very small things so some people will be more willing to roll the dice on you once you've established a reputation of being a good business person people will be more willing to buy higher priced things. it's all about baby steps and like I said your age is a big obstacle for you so you'll have to prove yourself far beyond that of someone 3 times your age

the best thing about SAG is the member bios I guarantee if you do some successful deals with people you'll get that positive feedback thats so important to building your reputation just remember to take it slow and do 1 thing do it well then move on don't put too much on your plate at any given time

Back