• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Color Pics of my entry for Hector, and anyone else who cares

Frasmet

Mortarman
Hector here'sthe color pics you asked for.

13colorsmall.gif

12colorsmall.gif

7colorsmall.gif

6colorsmall.gif

5colorsmall.gif

3colorsmall.gif

Personnally I think they suck, but then I never planned to submit a color entry. B&W is really the only way to go for this sort of thing.

THANKS YOU !!!

It looks fantastic!

Your work looks excellent in B&W, but in colour it's wonderful !!!

Thanks by the pics ! ...

( ... nobody show a "how to ..." ??? )

Saludos, HECTOR
VEN.gif

Wow! Is that the same Dio!

What a diverse group we all are here in the 1/6 scale world.

Hopfully Im not over the line here, But personally I hate B&W and the color shots are the real deal. Then again I didn't claim a double Grand Slam, Grand Price either.

Different strokes, for different folks!

Congratulations on a job well done!

FALL OUT!

Glad you all like the color shots.

Big Red One believe it or not I agree with you color is always better.However, in this case I wanted the pictures to look as much like vintage photos as possible. Since unless we were there most of us experieince WWII as a largely black and white war. Now had I had a vintage camera and film, color may may have been my choice. Digital cameras just don't read color the same as old film. B&W does also have the advantage of hiding a lot of little errors.

I also like to use B&W to check my work. If it looks convincing in grayscale then my job is done.This is especially helpful in dealing with posing, and camera angles. Sometimes color is real distraction to larger issues of composition.

My only reget about this contest was the amount of stuff that was supposed to be a part of the dio that never got finished. I've got a correctly scaled M1910 Maxim that is about 80% done, four more figures that will never see the light of day, and a pile of partly finished homemade equipment. BUT my next batch of godless commies should look nice.

Man BEAUTIFUL work! What do you technique do you use on your headsculpts, whatever it is it really makes them come to life!

Back