• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

D Rods more WS stuff.

Johnny Canuck

Battalion Commander
D Rods more WS stuff.

I got my hands on a D Rod Mast bag with most of the parts to make a vertical D Rod 18' mast or 2 15' masts for a horizontal aerial. Actually any combination of D Rods could be erected depending on the circumstances, a tree, building, pole or tall feature could be used as one end of a horizontal aerial, but there would be a limit of about 8 rods as the guy ropes are only 35' in length.

So far I've done the 10 D Rods, 10 pins, pin bag, 2 stay plates, numerous fasteners, insulated links and 2 sets of guy ropes.

The set so far.
drods026.jpg

Partially assembled.
drods029.jpg

Pin bag containing 10 pins and the ground spike.
drods023.jpg

Stay plates, fasteners, insulating links and the ropes.
drods030.jpg

The guy ropes shown with both types of tensioners wood and metal. The guy ropes with the wooden tensioners also had 3 1/4" steel rings at the peg end.
drods034.jpg

The 10 pins.
drods038.jpg

The mast assembled in 18' configuration.
drods043.jpg

drods052.jpg

drods058.jpg

The actual mast kit. Many of the items were still in their original wrappings or what is left of them.
drodsaerialantennaza295.jpg

Guys, pin bag and pins.

Misc parts in boxes, guys, ground spike and the insulated base mount.

An F Rod adaptor; this is not the one included with the kit, the one in the kit has the spring clamp at the top and a wing nut on the bottom both are threaded. The first one can not be mounted with a stay plate as it would interfer with tightening the clamp.
antennafadaptorno1.jpg

Anyways that's it for now.
JC

Back