• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Die Werkstatt - Vehicle Maintenance Workshop

Tiger332

Mortarman
Hello fellow Onesixthers,

It's been years since I last built and posted any 1/6th scale diorama's, work and other hobbies just seem to keep getting in the way.

Presented here today is a test diorama I put together a few years ago but never posted, I still plan to elaborate on this diorama one day, when I finish a few more vehicles. The diorama was initially planned around a VW Schiwimmwagen but I didn't have a decent one ready at the time so my trusty Opel Blitz and Kettenkrad stood in instead.

Some of you might remember me way back when I was involved as Herr Direktor with Kamfgruppe von Abt and my Armortek models.

Having recently discovered these photos again I thought it was about time I published them, hope you enjoy:

Workshop%20001-X3.jpg

Workshop%20002-X3.jpg

Workshop%20024-X3.jpg

Workshop%20003-X3.jpg

Workshop%20004-X3.jpg

Workshop%20006-X3.jpg

Workshop%20005-X3.jpg

Workshop%20007-X3.jpg

Workshop%20008-X3.jpg

Workshop%20017-X3.jpg

Workshop%20009-X3.jpg

Workshop%20010-X3.jpg

Workshop%20014-X3.jpg

Workshop%20015-X3.jpg

Workshop%20018-X3.jpg

Workshop%20016-X3.jpg

Workshop%20019-X3.jpg

Workshop%20020-X3.jpg

Workshop%20022-X3.jpg

Workshop%20023-X3.jpg

Workshop%20025-X3.jpg

Workshop%20026-X3.jpg

Workshop%20028-X3.jpg

Workshop%20027-X3.jpg

Workshop%20029-X3.jpg

Workshop%20031-X3.jpg

Workshop%20030-X3.jpg

A couple of behind the scenes photos:

Workshop%20012-X3.jpg

Workshop%20011-X3.jpg

Vince.

Excellent dio and foto shoot. Super attention to the little things really brings this dio to life.... Congrats

That is movie quality modelling, right down to the lighting, every small subtle detail in this diorama is superb, excellent work, well done and thanks for sharing.

Great dio! As mentioned, the detail is amazing! Its great to see all of the little items that you have in 1/6 in the background. The photography is very sharp as well. Perfect lighting.

Outstanding in every way. The shop and all it's furnishings look like you used a shrink ray.
Particularly like the wooden trays with nuts and boots, etc.
Then the figure UNDER the truck, wow, you thought of everything.
I hope this re ignites your passion for 1/6th.

Scott

Really well done, I applaud you in your efforts. The amount of small details and pieces really make for a great looking scene.

Jeff (Geppetto):!:

Wow!
This is beyond great!
The details, the figures, the poses, the lighting, the images, the presentation... all aspects I can think of get top grade.
I don't remember seeing something of this quality in 1/6 ever. Over the top in my book. Congratulations, and thanks for sharing. BRAVO!

Cheers guys,

Glad you like it, considering it was only a lighting test I'm pleased with the results. We've got loads more detail parts standing by for the main diorama which I hope to complete later this year.

We really enjoyed building all the small tools, a lot of them are actually the real deal, the files have genuine blades as does the hacksaw, it will cut through steel.

I've got my mojo back for 1/6th at the moment and jcurrently adding the finishing touches to an Armortek 88mm at the moment.

Vince.

Outstanding details....
I love all the "everyday household" items that you have turned into 1:6 items to fit the dio.
Great job!

It is great to hear from you. Hope to see you post more pictures soon because these are fantastic. I have always enjoyed your work glad to see your back..............Hammer

Really nice. The one thing that usually lets down dios is the selection of headsculpts. You have picked ones that are perfect for this presentation. Of course everything else looks absolutely 1:1. Brilliant!

Nice job...the kettenkrad engine did you build it yourself....great details... the electrical switch on the wall and the lights in the room... not much more to ask for.... Wood stove for heat?

Best Michael

Last edited:
Back