• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Entry #25 "ToySurgeon" 2ND PRIZE

SgtRock

Site Admin
Fortress Le Havre, May 1944....

Elements of the 873rd Light Flak Regiment of the 17th Luftwaffe Field Division, have positioned themselves in a fortified concrete bunker with an observation platform. The division has been stationed along the coast for 30 km and has spent most of their time building fortifications. Since its inception, the 17th Luftwaffe Field Division has been one of the “static’ divisions meant for defense of the Atlantic Wall and virtually have no vehicles. Luckily its one of the few Luftwaffe Field Divisions that didn’t go to the eastern front. Fortress Le Havre is a major component of the defense against the allies. The German High Command is absolutely certain that the Allies intend to land somewhere between Le Havre and Calais. The 17th Luftwaffe Field Division has been given orders to occupy and fortify the city. The wait for the allies is endless, but the Flak regiments stay busy shooting at increased reconnaissance and strafing attacks by allied aircraft. The invasion of Normandy by the allies to the south of Le Havre has caught the Germans off guard. They scramble to put as many divisions against the allied landings as possible. The 17th Luftwaffe Field Division leaves Le Havre on August 20, 1944 and is pretty much annihilated by the end of September.

1%7E21.jpg

2%7E19.jpg

3%7E19.jpg

5%7E19.jpg

5%7E17.jpg

6%7E15.jpg

Fantastic work and congratulations Dennis - this one had me stumped as to who created it :lol: :lol: Great to see the Baron in situ and working for a living!

Awesome display Dennis, I envy your ability and craftsmanship, you are one talented llama my friend, big congrats to you :)

Dr. D this was a mighty and impressive entry! Despite the level of competition I was shocked you didn't drag home the peoples choice. Despite this your entry kicked butt and it was a grand effort we all enjoyed viewing. :)

I agree with Sixty, I thought this was a shoe in for peoples choice. Great work all round, but I am still in awe of the flak gun.

Thanks to everyone for the good words. I enjoy doing dios and this one was one that is a permanebnt fixture. I usually like to do outdoor ones but this one fit the gun so I made it. I was really rushed. Again thank you all!

Back