• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Entry #3 "B24man"

Sixth Vanguard

Board Flunky, aka Site Admin
Many times during WWII a defensive position was held at night. This was usually a very tense time for the soldier/soldiers. One never knew when or where the attackers might strike. But in some cases they did! It’s 0115 hours on June 6, 1944, D-Day. A full moon starts to peek out from under the clouds. Lieutenant Dennis Fox and Sergeant Wagger Thornton of the British 6th Airborne (Ox and Bucks) have taken up a position along a rock wall close to the Benouville T-junction and just west of Benouville Bridge (later Pegasus Bridge). With their hearts pounding, they lie waiting for a German counterattack from 21st Panzer. The outcome of the nights fighting will come down Sergeant Thornton’s aim.

Thanks Ostfront43. :lol: I really appreciate your comment. The dio was really fun to make, simple yet I thought it told the story well.

Kyle

A night dio! Thats tough to pull off! Ive tried a couple night dios and neither turned out as nice as this one. No matter what, your always going to be limited to showing 1/6 scale details in a night scene. This turn out quite well, I lke the third pic the best.

Well Done Trooper!
Fall Out!

Great shoot Kyle, nice to see a comonwealth entry, thanks for participating, look forward to seeing more of your work :)

Thanks to everybody for the kind comments, it definetly means a lot coming from y'all. Everybody did such a bag-up-job on their entries and should be congraulated.

I think their was some things I should of payed more attention too: one being the rank markings on the smock and two, I should of camouflaged their faces, like my reference book mentioned. Like y'all said, simulating night photography is tricky. I think I did pretty good (had a couple of cool looking images) but still can be improved on. Overal I'm pretty pleased with what I entered and most of all had fun.

Since finishing the contest dio I've added a couple more guys to the scene. They are Corporal Tappenden (wireless operator...he was the one who sent out the Ham & Jam signal after the bridge had been taken) and Darky Baines (one of only two colored men in the Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry). This was the name given to him in Ambroses' book "Pegasus Bridge", so I don't mean to affend anyone. I also added a dead German lying on some barbed wire after being taken by complete surprise.

contest3a.jpg

contest2a.jpg

contest4a.jpg

Kyle

Back