• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

ENTRY # 3 - glenning -2nd Place Winner

Sixth Vanguard

Board Flunky, aka Site Admin
This figure depicts a young soldier from the 2. SS division "Das Reich", regiment "Der Führer", making his way in to Prague, late spring 1945. "Der
Führer" spent the last days of the war in a mission to rescue German civilians from Prague. Forcing its way into the city, the unit under its commander Otto Weidinger, evacuated a mix of civilians, female auxiliaries and wounded soldiers from Prague, and led them out to the relatively safe of US captivity in Bohemia. Most of those who went into US captivity survived, but those captured by the Red Army or Czech partisans mostly died - either shot on the spot, or perishing in the Soviet labour camps.

Breakdown of the figure:

HS: Tony barton, painted
hands: DML, repainted
cap: DML, weathered and with custom insignia
uniform: DML and DiD, weathered
boots: DML, repainted and weathered
rifle: DML, repainted
gear and equipment: DML, repainted and weathered, custom strap on the
waterbottle
scarf: DML, weathered
panzerfaust: DML, weathered
jerry can; DML, weathered
e-tool: DML, repainted and weathered
grenades: DML, repainted and weathered
base: custom

[hr:7cc9648dd6]
1945-1.jpg

1945-2.jpg

1945-3.jpg

1945-4.jpg

1945-5.jpg

1945-6.jpg

1945-7.jpg

1945-8.jpg

Thanks judges and a big congrats to Oscar(Tiger Calico) and my fellow coyntryman Jakob(Lost Records)! :D :D

Score two for Sweden!

I instantly recognized your work; the Falu-red background was a dead giveaway, too... ;) Congratulations!

Congratulations , a very nice figure !!

Great paint, weathreing & work on the equipment.

Back