• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Erwin Rommel dio help question, what wounds did he sustain when his car was attacked?

SLICK7

Company Commander
I'm working on an Erwin Rommel dio. My crappy eye sight makes the process 10 times harder than it used to be. I tried to look this up online but gave up. Can anybody tell me what wounds ER sustained when his car was attacked? Thanks. Looking forward to first dio since my brain popped. I hope I can do it. I am optimistic.

Re: Erwin Rommel dio

I'm working on an Erwin Rommel dio. My crappy eye sight makes the process 10 times harder than it used to be. I tried to look this up online but gave up. Can anybody tell me what wounds ER sustained when his car was attacked? Thanks. Looking forward to first dio since my brain popped. I hope I can do it. I am optimistic.
Here you go:

On 17 July 1944, Rommel was returning from visiting the headquarters of the I SS Panzer Corps. According to a widely accepted version of events, an RCAF Spitfire of 412 Squadron piloted by Charley Fox strafed his staff car near Sainte-Foy-de-Montgommery.[257] The car sped up and attempted to get off the main roadway, but a 20 mm round shattered the driver's left arm, causing the vehicle to come off the road and crash into some trees. Rommel was thrown from the car, suffering injuries to the left side of his face from glass shards and three fractures to his skull.[257][258] He was hospitalised with major head injuries.

Back