• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Flat-Screens as Backgrounds

ActionMan

Battalion Commander
I thought I'd mention this as it's so obvious it's often overlooked.

Flat-screen PC monitors and TV's are great backgrounds for figures. Just find a photo on-line or freeze a scene on a DVD or YouTube vid, put your figure in front and away you go.

I did this a while ago in front of a shot of a Dakota on my PC monitor:

I like the darkness of the figure, I thought it worked quite well.

Here it is lightened a bit:

I thought I was the only Guy out there that thought of it !! lol
also the screen is so bright there usually isn't any flash

Never gave it a thought. Thanks for sharing. Great idea that will make us all Peters! LOL.

We will definitely NOT all be Peters! BUT it will make realistic backgrounds a lot easier. The problem lies in the contrast between the screen and the figure.

Lighting the figure and keeping the light off the screen is the key. Placing the figure forward so any light spill does not fall on the screen.

Also using the brightness control on the screen can help. Use artificial lighting on the figure and turn off the flash on the camera so you can balance the contrast pretty much by eye through the camera viewfinder. Use a tripod.

With digital cameras you can shoot as many tries as you need to get the shot perfect!

Back