• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Gebirgsjäger Skiis

johnro6659

Brigade Commander
I have ten pairs of skiis right now and I'll probably get more as I order loose stuff. I was wondering if I should paint them white with the green stripe leave them natural or make a combination of both. When I'm done i want all my Gebirgsjägers to be all in the same unit. I have to see what CVI offers for insignia and patches.

Grüß Gott Skijäger Johann,

A combination of both painted and natural wood skis would be more accurate. Very little of the German Army was standardized and uniform...other than in propaganda photos. If you look at original photo albums and personal snap shots taken during the war, you will see a wide variety of uniforms and equipment being worn.

Ski Heil und Horrido!

It's so nice to hear that from someone that collects. So many times I read they didn't do that or your missing this or that and huge arguments break out over trival little things. I look at pictures taken in the feild and hardly any soldiers wear the exact same thing. I saw a pic of a tank commander wearing a German sub commanders leathers and also a motorcycle dispatcher in the same type of uni. Soldiers knew what they liked and were not shy to trade or buy something they felt would help. The same goes for carrying gear some soldiers carry only what they needed on patrols and humpee the big stuff only when actually changing position and in the German Armies case they would pull wagons and trailers stacked equipent on vehicles in order to make things easier. Really who can go into a battle after hauling around 100 lbs of gear for many miles. It's common sense to make your load the lightest so you cvan conserve energy so it's there when you need it. Anyway thanks for the tip I'll play around with the skiis I have some of the DML first issue and some of the later issue so I might leave the older ones natural and the newer ones I'll paint.

Back