• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Hello.

(I moved this post from another part of the board. Apologies as I'm just working out the layout!)

Hello everyone *waves*

I think I ought to say a few things about myself so you can get to know me better.

How did I get here?

Easy: switched on the computer.

Hard (As in complicated) : I grew up with Barbies and Cindy's like a lot of my friends in my village in Northamptonshire, England. I didn't like the "big" dolls of babies etc. We used to play with our friends who had Action Man, though I didn't like him much coz he was ugly and had a scar on his face, then he had those eagle eyes..ick!

I collected Star Wars stuff for years as well and always loved the 12" dolls.

In 1999 I got back into Barbie when my partner got me a Barbie for Christmas. Which is now regertted since I have 55 of them now and three cars inc a R/C mini, Teresa owns that and takes her girlfriend Midge out for a drive.

I did a 1920's lesbian Barbie set which consists of a gangster complete with Tommy Gun, omitted the violin case! Her moll who is a flapper, I found making the extra strings of pearls very theraputic, and the night club singer with top hat and cane, she is having an affair with the gangster too, all very messy

I was searching for other dolls and I stumbled on Svetlana the Russian sniper (yes she is the one with the real hair which makes her look better and which I prefer. Though this is not hard and fast, I think some female dolls are better with plastic hair, my Mika Oberlicht doll for instance wouldn't have worked with real hair, unless you go for a re-root and they aren't fun!)

With Svetlana I also got Elsa the DRK nurse though imho she is way too skinny and is relegated to the back of my display, cruel I know but that's life!

Svetlana was intended to be a one off, that is what I told my partner, *Honest your honour*, until I found the Modellers Loft website! I'm still told off for finding it!
We visit their shop once or twice during the summer, it's a long way for us since we live on the West Wales coast!
I save my pennies and have a blow out and I am still after choice pieces.

I've also made Abbey Chase and a BBI Cy-girl into Panzerbunnies which is a bit of fun. These came about with reading Luftwaffe 1946 and Panzer comics. Mika Oberlicht is my fave character, as I mentioned I tried bashing a Willow figure to do this, should have got Buffy too while I was at it for use as a generic figure, Mika is okay though still looks a little harsh in the face (Who knows I might get some tips on facial surgery sometime )

I think I've ranted on enough.
Sorry everyone.
Love,
Amber X X X

welcome aboard Amber , i look forward to seeing pics of your Girls !

250chick3.jpg
[/img]

Back