• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

How to promote the hobby??Show your Railcar..

veritasz34

Company Commander
Some time ago I started a project of a armored railcar..It's been finished for quite some time now..This winter a local model society had their annual show..I took my rail car just for laughs and grins.. My intent was to show these guys that 1/6 is just not dolls and clothes and also hopefully get more talent involved..
They were blown away.They had no idea what to do with this monster that had showed up at thier door..They placed the model in the MISC section..They didn't have a scratchbuild catagory but I think that will change next year..At the end of the day the railcar took 1st place in it's section and was only a few points from getting Best Of Show..I was very pleased..I just thought I'd share this along with a few pics..Enjoy.. :-P

64282129.jpg

64282231.jpg

89679711.jpg

John, that is just ridiculously cool. And huge. I'd love to see the rest of the train someday. I think Panzerwerk still want's to build one of these also He was inspired by yours. Your truly the King of ginormous armor.

WOW!!! That is so cool! I agree with Chamildav! You can sure make humangous pieces of armor

Thats an amazing piece of railroad gear!! Super job!
Tim (Plasticpanzers)

Back