• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Interest IN GPA

Panzerjuan

Rifleman
Just a quick non binding show of hands to see if this is something y'all might be interested in. Carey and I were planning on making our next vehicle release to be the GPA. The kit would be 150.00, we have it ready to go but I thought it would be better to ask before we pull the trigger on it. We are trying to offer smaller vehicles that are wheeled and might be an easier build to construct. The kit includes the hull, steering wheel, rudimentary seats, and propeller. You will need to add wheels, the thin trim strips to outside hull. It is the same configuration of the main structure to be fleshed out with as much detail as the individual wants to add.

Last edited:
It's a very basic hull. There is a windshield, seat frames, steering wheel, and other simple details. This will be a great starting point to build and detail to a level of your choice. Wheels are not included as they are available elsewhere. The picture is of a scratch build that I did that evolved to the CAD that we'll be using for this. Most of it is tabbed together to simplify construction/ease of build. That was how I was building back when I started this 17 years ago. Unfortunately, I don't have many build pictures saved as they were hosted on some defunct site.

GPA-100-7642.webp

GPA_screenshot.png

Thanks for the info but I have decided to give this a pass. I was kinda hoping for a 3d printed hull, bit I now realize that would not be possible for $150.
Good luck with your endavour!

Pretty much everything we have produced in the past we can still produce, but from a personal perspective Carey and wanted to do newer projects before dipping back into past projects. We are working on being able to produce our own kits and when we achieve that, I can see it’ll be a matter of producing whatever kit in our inventory on demand.

Am interested in your future Staghound kit.

A vehicle that I'd like to have would be the WC-54 ambulance series of trucks.

The US halftracks are all flat sided, with the exception of the fenders. East Coast Armory already produces the running gear for it. Seems like this would be a good one to kit the hull.

Thanks for the suggestions.

The general idea is to work through designs the effort has already been done on, even if we haven’t produced them as kits yet. Then we’ll begin tackling entirely new projects. The amount of effort for something entirely new to us would require minimum commitments/preorders. Hence why we’re talking kits like the BA-64, GPA, & staghound where I did the CAD and have done some scratch builds previously.

First I would like to say Thank you for offering build up kits to the hobby community at an affordable price.

The Ford GPA would be a unique and straight forward project but I am not sure I would buy one at this time . I like some others may change their minds and get bit by the bug for a GPA once we see a finished project.

I would say that a flat pack project I would like to see is a universal carrier body. I would buy one of them... Just some friendly input.

I wonder if a SDKFZ Famo (any model) could be produced as a flat pack kit.. That would be a cool build and a must have... Wish list...
Thanks

In reference to Careys post we have in CAD Pzr IV, Jagdpanther, Marder, Sdkfz 222, Staghound, Ba64, Gpa, German Field Kitchen, Goliath, Blitz Ambulance shell and Pzr 1. In actual plastic I have 5 Jagdpanther kits and 13 Ba 64.

Is there a build post of the Jagdpanther?
The Staghound sounds interesting.

I am currently trying to build a second hand FOA Tiger 1 kit that is missing parts.
It will be RC when I am finished building it, with working suspension...

In reference to Careys post we have in CAD Pzr IV, Jagdpanther, Marder, Sdkfz 222, Staghound, Ba64, Gpa, German Field Kitchen, Goliath, Blitz Ambulance shell and Pzr 1. In actual plastic I have 5 Jagdpanther kits and 13 Ba 64.

Does this mean you still have 5 jagdpanther kits still available? Price?

Back