• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Italian Alpini

Heeresbergführer

Company Commander
Ciao Alpini,

After seeing the wonderfully kit bashed Alpino that Kanowarrior did, I thought I would post some 1/1 scale Alpini items.

Here is an Alpini pullover Anorak, cap, belt, ammo pouches and neck strap:

alpinianorak5mz.jpg

Next up...some detail photos of an Alpini Rucksack:

alpinirucksack019ak.jpg

alpinirucksack023yk.jpg

alpinirucksack034rf.jpg

alpinirucksack042rp.jpg

alpinirucksack054rd.jpg

alpinirucksack064qw.jpg

alpinirucksack076ja.jpg

alpinirucksack080qq.jpg

alpinirucksack097cw.jpg

I'll post more Alpini items as I get them photographed.

Di qui non si passa!

I was wondering how they did that...

So those loops on the front shoulder pack straps is where you were suppose to hang your rifle?

Ciao Alpino Kano,

I think from photographs that I've seen of Italian troops with their rifles slung horizontally in front of them...the rifles are just slung behind the neck and shoulders with the rifle sling...not attached to the rucksack. It would be pretty awkward trying to take the rifle out if you needed it quickly. I think the loops on the shoulder straps are for hand holds if you have a heavy load.

Di qui non si passa!

Back