• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Mike Stannard Serious Illness and Orders

toyrific

Company Commander
Hi Guys

I have some good news and bad news. The good news for you all is 6th Scale Icons will remain in business for the unforeseeable future with a change of ordering and delivery policies. The bad news is I am very ill. I am sure you are all aware that I have been behind in delivery of orders over the last 4 months. I have tried to keep this as low key as possible, but now feel it is time to come clean with you all what has happened.

I December 2013, I checked myself into hospital with a severe weakness problem due to loss of blood. I was given 8 units of blood in 48 hours. The doctors did many tests on me to find out where I was losing the blood from without success. Other test were also done and I was diagnosed with leukemia. Since December I have been admitted to hospital 5 times for various problems related to this, the last hospital visit was for 3 weeks due to a infectious disease caused by a abscess under my left arm pit. This had to by surgically removed and took 3 weeks to heal. I am now back at home but fairly weak and I am only able to put in a few hours of work each day.

During the last 4 months my helper has been work on making parts to fill the current orders I have. Since January 1, 2014 I have delivered 55 orders. I currently have 56 order to ship, 18 of which are complete and should ship by this weekend, 3 are on a urgent to finish and should ship sometime next week, 17 are almost finished and 18 are waiting completion of new parts. All parts are in stock to fill all these orders. However due to my health condition I do not know when these last 35 orders will be completed. The main parts for these orders are the IR Scope and Scope Bin, and the Tiger 2 Rear Mudguards all of which have to have either white metal parts made and cast (masters and molds required to be made) or soldering done.

Many of the above orders only need these new parts to complete them and I am willing to ship parts that are ready in the next few days, the outstanding parts will be shipped once ready at no extra charge to you. Just let me know if you are willing to wait for your complete order to be shipping at the same time, or if you want the parts that are ready shipped now.

I was released from hospital on Saturday May 3rd, on checking my e-mails I had over 300, once I filtered out all the spam I was left with around 100 e-mails to answer. I hope this post will answer most of the questions about order status, new orders will be invoiced over the weekend.

NEW ORDER & DELIVERY POLICIES

As of today you may place orders, however I will only bill you for parts I have in stock that can be shipped in a few days. Other parts will be placed on back order and will only be billed for when the items are in stock. This mainly related to large photo-etch parts that I have run out of. I do not intend to place another photo-etch parts order for a few months. So if you missed out on ordering these parts for the last photo-etch order I cannot help you. I did send out several notices about this during the later parts of 2013 so you had plenty of time to place orders. I March 2014 I received 68 sheets of photo-etched parts to fill all current orders which have been worked on since the part were received.

What does all this mean, basically I do not want to take customers money unless I have to parts in stock to supply within a few days. Thereby lessening you risk of loss if things go wrong.

How the new policy will work.
1. You place the order
2. I will send you a invoice for the parts I can deliver. Do not send payment.
3. Your order will be made up.
4. I will send a payment request once your order is ready to ship.
5. You order will be shipped within 24 hours of payment received.
6. Your invoice will show items on back order and only require payment once that are in stock and ready to ship.

The next few months are going to be difficult for me with treatments for my illness and maintaining the business. I hope you all understand this and will work with me.

I am still looking for someone that is willing to make a reasonable offer for my company.

Regards
Mike

Feel Better Mike ! I know i am a couple hours away , but if you need help with anything Bro just call !

Last edited:
I wish you all the best Mike. As the others have said, your health is more important. Take care.
Bob

Mike,

Yes.. please get well. While work can focus ones thoughts, your health is much more important than business.

I wish you a fast recovery..

-joe

Have the Docs given you a prognosis yet? Can blood replacement therapy help? I feel for you. I have had friends and relatives with leukemia and it really saps your energy. Hang in there and pace yourself.

hello,Mike
very sad to hear this....
I hope you can get well soon!!!
I have always thought that your detail parts were very accarury it!!!!

kind regards,
Thetrainman41

mike
get well soon!
having had my own health issues in the past it is more important to take care of yourself than anything else!
your parts are the best!
health first work second!
john

Back