• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Not sure what these are

Thanks, Yesterday I went through the Dragon listings on War Toys and couldn't come up with anything. Hadn't considered 21st Century for these.

Leonard
RTT

From the Gran Sasso figure. You can see a bandoleer like this in actual pictures of the raid but this 21st item is oversized.

Thanks for the figure name, I checked the Ultimate Soldier archives and found him there, with the flare belts. At first had thought it was some kind of shell but couldn't come up with a weapon that would handle it.

thanks guys
Leonard
RTT

G'day Leonard,

The bandoliers (from what I can find were designed specifically for the FJR) are actually designed to hold rifle grenades - the Gewehrgranatpatrone - which is indicative of the length of the sleeves (the flare rounds being shorter in length and wider in diameter). With that in-mind, the figure could be a 'No-2' for a grenadier?. Hope this helps, Steve

That’s interesting. The only evidence I can see of that is the DML 1/35 box art. Do you have somewhere to point me for further info? I’d be interested in learning more if these are for rifle grenades. I have only seen 1 photo of a fallschirmjager at Gran Sasso with a rifle grenade launcher on a k98 and he had the standard grenade pouches.

Near the middle of this photo:

All the pics of the bandolier seem to be of one guy (unteroffizier) and it’s hard to tell what weapon he has. I suspect it’s a machine pistol as it’s never visible when he has it slung and his rank leads me to believe him a squad leader. Also notice his cross strap that could be for the flare pistols pouch. I personally wouldn’t agree with a #2 for the grenadier as that isn’t a standard German way for their use (they were issued to the most experienced squad member, usually a truppenfuhrer not gruppenfuhrer) and question the safety of carrying the G.Spreng.Mun.30 like this. They are transported in a cardboard tube & are actually supposed to be carried in the pouches still in the tubes. They are considerably dangerous.

Here are some pics of the guy I see with the bandolier:

What I propose is that they are for the kampfpistole munitions. Such as regular flares, the nebelpatrone and spreng patrone. I’m basing this on the rim seen in the last picture. It would be hard to pull the rifle grenade out of that. Unfortunately, a 26.5mm flare and the 30mm G.Spr.Mun are close in diameter. The grenade and other kampfpistole cartridges are similar in length.

I’d definitely be interested in further pictures if anyone has them. Showing use at this raid or others. I’d be happy to learn more about what these bandoliers are.

Hope this helps a little

There was a cyber hobby figure with this bandoleer.

I have this figure, no longer have the box.
70513_moehlmannbox_p1.jpg

70513_moehlmannboxinnen_p3.jpg

70513_moehlmannboxdeckel_p2.jpg

here's a link to see the figure, photos of gear and a description

https://www.actionfiguren-shop.com/...listtype=search&searchparam=Fallschirmjäger &

70513-4.jpg

70513-2.jpg

70513-1.jpg

70513-3.jpg

A great site for reference on older figures.

https://www.actionfiguren-shop.com/en/Figures/WW-II/

From Spearhead 7th Flieger Division by Chris Ellis:

Caption, which erroneously mentions the HE (kampfpistole) munitions as for the Leuchtpistole (bad idea):

From the Bergflak leuchpistole website (https://www.bergflak.com/LPacc.html) showing the ring markings and primer as seen in the above pic:

So while DML/Ron Volstad box art shows the bandoleer with a schiessbecher, I'm convinced it's for carrying Kampfpistole munitions.

Back