• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Pacific Assault

USMCPrice

Mortarman
O.K. as promised. On 30 Aug 2009 I had both sons on leave from the Marine Corps. They wanted to have a "Joe War" so we did. Unfortunately, it started to rain before we got too far into it, so we had to stop and put things up. They're both supposed to be home on leave at Christmas and the battle can continue.

Here goes:

Segment of Japanese trench line: note sentry.

normal_Beach%20Assault%20002.JPG

Another view showing entrance to bunker

normal_Beach%20Assault%20003.JPG

The seawall looking down the beach

normal_Beach%20Assault%20001.JPG

The landing-The 2d Platoon LT. shouts for men to make for the seawall as the platoon Sgt. takes a knee nearby:

normal_Beach%20Assault%20017.JPG

2d platoon Marines take cover behind the seawall and return fire

normal_Beach%20Assault%20008.JPG

2d platoon Marines begin to move inland towards a bunker

normal_Beach%20Assault%20021.JPG

1st Platoon Marines high crawl/low crawl towards seawall on left flank of the beach:

normal_Beach%20Assault%20016.JPG

view of a 2d platoon squad looking towards 1st platoons position:

normal_Beach%20Assault%20011.JPG

A corpsman drags a wounded Marine towards the cover of the seawall, the Japanese command bunker is in the background. (unfortunately so is the top of the lawnmower we used to cut an airfield on the backside of the rise) :oops:

normal_Beach%20Assault%20012.JPG

A flamethrower team from the engineers crosses the seawall between 1st and 2d platoon:

normal_Beach%20Assault%20006.JPG

another "Devil Doc" aids another wounded Marine:

normal_Beach%20Assault%20015.JPG

1st platoon's LT scans the battlefield to decide on a course of action as his marines take cover behind the seawall:

normal_Beach%20Assault%20014.JPG

1st platoon Marines begin to cross the seawall and move inland:

normal_Beach%20Assault%20018.JPG

A dead Marine lies where he fell, advancing on the enemy:

normal_Beach%20Assault%20020.JPG

1st platoon troops under cover of the seawall:

normal_Beach%20Assault%20007.JPG

Marines moving inland:

normal_Beach%20Assault%20019.JPG

Another view of 1st platoons position on left flank of the landing beaches:

normal_Beach%20Assault%20005.JPG

That's it for now. I may post more later if I can figure out how to remove some things like trucks in the background. We'll do better at Christmas and I'll get more pictures, we only got four of the nine rifle squads into the fight, only one flamethrower team from the engineer detatchment, no troops from weapons or headquarters platoons, or special weapons company and none of the vehicles.

This is pretty cool to see. My 2 year old soon to be 3, got on my lap as I was looking at your pics and liked what he saw. It is cool to see the Jarheads in action and thanks for sharing. Also it is cool that you did this with your sons, you are a lucky man my friend. Glad to hear that you are doing well after your health issue. Can't wait to see more pics and once again thanks for sharing. SHEP

Very cool. The number of troops is impressive. The set-up is great and extensive. The poses are very nice.

Very nice looking and very real looking. Did not ever see the mower until you pointed it out to busy looking at the troops. And Thank Your Son's for Their Service.
GB

FANTASTIC STUFF! :!:
The seawall and other fortifications looke incredible and the number of gfigures is very impressive. For a temporary display it is fabulous.
This must have been A LOT of wirk even for three fanatics!
E

Pretty damn cool!

3rd pic down shows a pretty bad algae problem in the South Pacific. Who knew global warming was that bad in the 40's? ;D

that is impressive. love the bunker line,and seawall. :!: yes tell your son's thank you for there service. :!:

That is really great :!: Surely something you don't see often. Looks like you and your boys had a great time, and that's what it is all about :!:

Fantastic work - looks like Von Abt has competition!

I really thought the first couple of shots were reference photos. Absolutely brilliant job!

This setup reminds me of the old John Wayne movie... The Sands Of Iwo Jima ... almost like watching the movie waiting for Sgt. Striker to take out the bunker. A super job well done

Back