• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Pkw 82 Kübelwagen update 3 new pics

Falckner

Company Commander
Hi
So some picture I took some time ago.

So you can follow my slow slow progress.

Could really use you´r opinion good or bad

Cheers Falckner
normal_Front.jpg

normal_K%FCbelcommand%20car.jpg

normal_Stabs%20antenn%20.jpg

normal_Motor%202.jpg

normal_Torn.Fu.d2%20rack.jpg

normal_Torn.Fu.d2.jpg

Looks like it's coming along nicely Falckner. The smaller additions you've made to the radios have made a nice difference. DML certainly put alot of guesswork into the cabinet, and even more into the antenna mount. Love that you made the effort to improve the fuel spout.
I realise it's probably too late but the specs for the floorboards are available online.

FloorgridPlans.gif

Here's a quick copy of plans I've been working on for the mount that will give you a good idea of how they've simplified it.

KubelAntennaSample.jpg

There's also a plate on the other side of the panel to help reinforce and support the mount. You can see the rivets in the middle of the picture.
Considering what little Dragon gave you to begin with I think you've done a great job.
I never got a chance to get Dragon's FuD 2 set but I noticed something they'd included that shouldn't be there and that's the reinforcing strip that sits about a quarter of the way up the side of the accessory pack. The strip should only be on the radio and not both. Nitpicking I know but seeing as you've gone to alot of effort elsewhere.
Look forward to seeing it progress.
Thanks for sharing.
Allan

Looking good so far! Are you going to paint the radios to match the vehicle or the vehicle to match the radios? I would go crazy trying to repaint and detail those radios.

If you are interested in floorboards for your vehicle I made some for my DML kubles long ago. Mine are meant to fit in with the seats already in the vehicle. Here are the drawings I made: Dimensioned drawing (click here) and Dimensionless drawings (click here). The dimensionless drawing would need to be scaled, it has a 1" (2.54cm) square in red for this purpose. Just putting the info out there.

Keep us updated...

SSPeiper";p="113602 said:
Looks like it's coming along nicely Falckner. The smaller additions you've made to the radios have made a nice difference. DML certainly put alot of guesswork into the cabinet, and even more into the antenna mount. Love that you made the effort to improve the fuel spout.
I realise it's probably too late but the specs for the floorboards are available online.

FloorgridPlans.gif

Here's a quick copy of plans I've been working on for the mount that will give you a good idea of how they've simplified it.

Maybe you can solve some odd thing for me I know
you´r master in this subject 8) .I have a picture on the right
side off the vehicle where it looks to be an antenna stovage,
is that so?? :s

KubelAntennaSample.jpg

There's also a plate on the other side of the panel to help reinforce and support the mount. You can see the rivets in the middle of the picture.
Considering what little Dragon gave you to begin with I think you've done a great job.
I never got a chance to get Dragon's FuD 2 set but I noticed something they'd included that shouldn't be there and that's the reinforcing strip that sits about a quarter of the way up the side of the accessory pack. The strip should only be on the radio and not both. Nitpicking I know but seeing as you've gone to alot of effort elsewhere.
Look forward to seeing it progress.
Thanks for sharing.
Allan

Hi Allan
Been a while,took the opportunity when I saw
that Cyberhobby did the radio kit.Thought it would
save me some time,looks like I got the antenna mount
close to it.Must say that my Wehrmacht Radio book
have paid off in a big way,there is 4-5 pictures off
a radio Kübelwagen.

Maybe you can solve some odd thing for me I know
you´r the master in this subject 8) . I have a picture
off the rigth side showing what I think is a antenna stovage
off some kind. Is that so :s

Thanks for all support
"Yes I have made the wooden floor already took a short
cut,finding some very very thin wooden strips "Modelboats"
that I could glue on top off the molded. Just a sharpe knife
and voila ready. I know I´m laze :D

More picture tomorrow

See you Björn

Hey Bjorn,
The version with the rod down the side is actually the Command version which is different from the radio outfitted vehicle. Have even less info on the command version than the radio one although the rod appears to be similar to those used on the cable laying vehicles which the command version seemed generally equipped for. With the only comms equipment being the telephone and possibly a small switchboard. There's a really nice close up photo of a command version at the bottom of pg 134 of 'Der VW Kubelwagen Typ 82 im Zweiten Weltkreig' which shows the padlock on the door (on all three seater versions) and the upper bracket for the rod on the fender (which essentially appears to be the same as the front fender bracket for the shovel).
Alot of waffle but hopefully I've said something useful in there somewhere.
Cheers
Allan

SSPeiper";p="113681 said:
Hey Bjorn,
The version with the rod down the side is actually the Command version which is different from the radio outfitted vehicle. Have even less info on the command version than the radio one although the rod appears to be similar to those used on the cable laying vehicles which the command version seemed generally equipped for. With the only comms equipment being the telephone and possibly a small switchboard. There's a really nice close up photo of a command version at the bottom of pg 134 of 'Der VW Kubelwagen Typ 82 im Zweiten Weltkreig' which shows the padlock on the door (on all three seater versions) and the upper bracket for the rod on the fender (which essentially appears to be the same as the front fender bracket for the shovel).
Alot of waffle but hopefully I've said something useful in there somewhere.
Cheers
Allan

Thank you Allan then I can drop that and fit
a jeery can holder insted :!:

montañes";p="113685 said:
A perfect work, your radio car looks superb.

Just only a question, which is the base colour you´ve used ?

Jaime.

Thanks
Its Tamiya TS 3

How in the hell did I miss this?? LOL It looks like it's coming along very nicely. I like the work you have done on it so far.

Falckner,

Lovely details you've created for your Radio Kubelwagen. Looks much better than my CH Radio Kubelwagen.

I've tried to download some of your current work photos but for some strange reasons it would not download to my Computer.

I'd be grateful if you could sort it out.

Thanks mate

niall68";p="113722 said:
Falckner,

Lovely details you've created for your Radio Kubelwagen. Looks much better than my CH Radio Kubelwagen.

I've tried to download some of your current work photos but for some strange reasons it would not download to my Computer.

I'd be grateful if you could sort it out.

Thanks mate

Hi
Say what picture you need and I can
send them to you no problem

Falckner,

It is the second photograph of your first post and all of your photos on your second posting of updated pics.

Cheers mate

Kübelwagen swamp

Hi
Thank you all for the nice comments

Made some progress today fixed a jerrycan
holder now when Allan took away some off
my trouble with what to do at the rigth side.

This was real fun will post some picture when
its all complett with leather strap and some
small mounting bolts.

Cheers Falckner
normal_Jerrycan%20Holder%202.jpg

normal_Jerrycan%20Holder%201%20sixth.jpg

Jerrycan holder finished

Hi
Got the Jerrycan holder done today
will paint the rivets on inside to ;-)

Falckner
normal_Jerrycan%20holder%20complette%20sixth.jpg

normal_Jerrycan%20holder%20back%20sixth.jpg

normal_Jerrycan%20holder%20front%20sixth.jpg

More Picture´s

Hi
Some small progress Radio kit mounted
and Jerrycan holder Antennabas detail done.
Some off the decals in place made some small
rings to front and rear hooks. That about it

Falckner
normal_sixth.jpg

normal_Jerrycan%20%20sixth.jpg

normal_From%20above%20sixth.jpg

normal_Close%20up%20Radio%20sixth.jpg

Dear Falckner!

You as a Swede like myself why don´t you post your stunning build on our Swedish 1/6th forum "Skalman"?
You know as well as I how undeveloped our country is in this and we have to spread this to our fellow countrymen don´t you think?

Now it seem as I am the only one in Sweden posting there and to be frank - I do not like that!
Maybe I also shall refuse to post there and go back to only hang on English/German forums and don´t care in friends in good old Sweden - maybe a good idea as I would save a lot of time and spend it on all unbuild kits...

Cheers
Kent

kwk088";p="114238 said:
Dear Falckner!

You as a Swede like myself why don´t you post your stunning build on our Swedish 1/6th forum "Skalman"?
You know as well as I how undeveloped our country is in this and we have to spread this to our fellow countrymen don´t you think?

Now it seem as I am the only one in Sweden posting there and to be frank - I do not like that!
Maybe I also shall refuse to post there and go back to only hang on English/German forums and don´t care in friends in good old Sweden - maybe a good idea as I would save a lot of time and spend it on all unbuild kits...

Cheers
Kent

Nice to hear that you like the Kübelwagen even
though its not R/C.

Sorry to disapont you :(

You sure put you´r head on the nail there
as I only got limited time to build and photograf.
As you very well know I have put my effort in trying
to spread the 1/6 to the Swedish board some time
ago, but found people some time not even bother to answer
you´r post. Then I rather put my things here,where
it mostly have some good respond.

I also have participate in a model exhibition in Malmö
C4 Open two times .So I think I have made more
then most people in Sweden to spread the 1/6 Action Figure.

Cheers Björn "Falckner"

Back