• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Post any comments, observations, issues... whatever you like ... about the new board here

Sixth Army Commander

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind the board is not setup 100% yet, but please go ahead and reply in this thread with anything you would like to mention about the new board.

For example, if you have trouble with attaching images to posts, or can't find X (whatever 'X' may be). Or you don't like the trophy system (it is a trivial piece of fluff that comes with the system so I left it on)

Things I am working on as a priority;

1. Figuring out how best to get the awards and ribbons back for everyone. There is no direct replacement for the old award system, so figuring that out.
  2. Creating a new SAG style for the board.
  3. Replacing hot linked images with SAG hosted versions (reclaiming photobucket images for example)
Will add more as suggestions come in

Hi Reese,

Would it be possible to have the width of the forum adjust automatically to use the full width of the user's monitor? I have a widescreen monitor and only 1/3 is used for the forum. This is how it currently looks on my monitor.forum.png
I understand this may result in distorted/enlongated forum header images.
Cheers,

Randall

hi Admin - I am now getting the "Ooops looks like you need to accept cookies in order to continue using the site" Error. This just started but I cannot post anything. Is it a browser issue or something with this site?
Thanks, B

Hi Reese,

Would it be possible to have the width of the forum adjust automatically to use the full width of the user's monitor? I have a widescreen monitor and only 1/3 is used for the forum. This is how it currently looks on my monitor.View attachment 6665
I understand this may result in distorted/enlongated forum header images.
Cheers,

Randall
It is possible and I think it is a simple change. I'll take a look this week.
The 'official' SAG theme has it, and the headers are designed to compensate. With this 'under construction' theme I don't think it matters if the header is off.

hi Admin - I am now getting the "Ooops looks like you need to accept cookies in order to continue using the site" Error. This just started but I cannot post anything. Is it a browser issue or something with this site?
Thanks, B

I believe it is an issue with your browser as I am not seeing it on any of my machines or test devices.
You were able to post this message, so when you say not able to post anything do you mean pictures?

Make sure you are not running 'incognito' if you are using Chrome.

If that is not it we can look further.

Hi Admin - it popped up whenever I tried to post a reply to a thread. But I'm not seeing it pop up again now? Strange -I've posted on this site for years and never had that issue before. Thank you - Bob

I believe it is an issue with your browser as I am not seeing it on any of my machines or test devices.
You were able to post this message, so when you say not able to post anything do you mean pictures?

Make sure you are not running 'incognito' if you are using Chrome.

If that is not it we can look further.
Hi Reese,

Looks like you made the change already, it's looking a lot better on my monitor now!
forum_wide.png

Thanks!

Back