• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Scouts Out: A History of German Armored Reconnaissance Units in World War II

Nope! I was with the family last night and in bed by 10:30ish! I was a very well behaved gentleman! Its mainly due to holding my ipad in one hand and finger typing with the other. Its not work so Im not too worried about it but i can see how it might make it look like i quit school after fifth grade! :-P

I have it in pre-order since the summer and they keep postponing the date, so don't hold your breath... but I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Egon I ordered from Amazon and this is the only email I have had.
Hope it ships.
I have Amazon Prime, forgot to cancel the 30 day free trial lol, so it should ship on the 5th.

Just rec'd mine from the USPS.

Hardbound: glossy paper: Lots of pixs: 517 pages: large scale drawings of primary scouting vehicles..scale looks like 1/35: Standard TOE of a Scout unit; includes photos and assignment of units to WSS formations ( did you hear that Chuck )

Well worth the money. Now to find some quite time to sit down and read it.

Line drawings from Berlin no doubt! ;)

I received my notice that it has shipped as well. Looking forward to getting this one. Just received "12 years with hitler, a history of 1st company, LSSAH". Its a very good reference to have handy. Many personal accounts and photos.

Dick take it out to the garage and sit in the car with some good German marching tunes.
And why would I be happy with WSS units HMM??
Not Berlin, a small town named Isagau!

Got mine today. Thank you guys for the heads up on this book. Have not had the time to pore over it too much, but from what I've seen already it's pretty awesome.

Thanks again for suggesting it.

Just got mine today! This is a great book. If youre on the fence i would recommend you pull the trigger, you wont be disappointed.

Nice book. It has a lot more information on insignia than I expected.
On the other hand the unit details seem to be late war, but it does not say what year they represent. But with 234s all over the OOB, it has to be VERY late war...

Back