• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Some German Camo

fusilier1944

Company Commander
Figured I might as well post here finally. Haven't done so yet even though I've been lurking and was a member before the switch over to this board. These are some images i worked up in microsoft paint a long while ago. I shared them on another forum but figured I'd put them up here as the atmosphere is more amiable. I use these images to print my own camo. My basic process is cheap cotton muslin coated in hairspray or dullcote sent through my inkjet printer and carefully sealed with more dullcote to "permanentize" it. Good luck to any who try it and I'm blind from my eyes being bombarded with electrons from the monitor, but you are welcome.
splinter82A.jpg
camouflageB016B.jpg
Apparently the peadot needs to be resized but the others should be able to be copy and pasted into paint and used as the size they appear above. camouflage011B.jpg
camouflageE008B.jpg
This was all posted on the 1/6th Scale WWII Modelers Society ezboard forum a couple months back. I usually print out 8.5" by 14" legal sized sheets. . . .

Wow, way to dig up an old horse! Back when I started this thread, I was using hairspray stiffened muslin to print on, but that wasn't permanent. Since then I've moved on to Crafter's Images PhotoFabric which you can find searching around the web or in craft stores (here in the US at least).

There's a lot of good info on fabric printing via inkjet here:
Applying Insignia??? Some Useful Tips (Click Here). I posted in this thread and there is a ton of good info. Start at the beginning and read all the posts. Everyone had something worthwhile to add!

Thanks Very Nice, I think I had these before or someone else posted similar ones but lost them when my PC crashed a couple years ago.

The prinatable fabric available at most places like Staples is the easiest way to go but I think they charge like $15.00 for 6 sheets. I could be wrong but I planned on buying it once and was turned off by the price. Randy showed/told me how he printed on fabric. I haven't done it in years so if I remember right I used a spray fixative to mount the fabric to paper and printed on that and just peeled it off after it dried. I took it one step further by adding my patterns over the camo print and had everything right there and just cut and sewed it all right from the printer. For fabric I used what ever I had here. IMHO the companies use material that is too thick and not to scale so I decided to use old white sheets and a couple of old white dress shirts. I think that looked better and drapped over the figure better. I don't know if i still have the patterns but I just used a couple old beat up DML unis I got at a show and split the seems and traced the sections on paper scanned them and laid them over the camo patterns so I could get the most out of each sheet. Thoise patterns got lost when my PC crashed as well so if anyone has some please add them. With the costs of stuff going thru the roof I really want to start making more stuff myself.

The printable fabrics have come quite a long ways with the development of their precoats. Some don't even require heatsetting anymore. The nicest part is that they are already laminated to paper, waterproof the ink, and they come in different textures. I buy the poplin Crafter's Images stuff on a 8 1/2" x 120" roll from Joann Fabrics in store at the $24.99 with a 40% off coupon from their email club ($14.99 or 1.49/regular size sheet). I usually print legal size sheets since you get better yields with less waste. Joann also does online discount codes. If you try it you'll be far more satisfied that results you'll achieve sending your own fabric through the printer without the chemical treatments they use.

And these camo patterns of mine have been around on various boards since '03 or '04, can't remember exactly when...

Back