• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Steeldragons.net Steel Dragons AFV / Richard Tripp and ongoing theft

He sure gave himself a good write up on his STEAL dragons project. To bad he does not mention how many people he screwed over. and it is also to bad there is no place for anyone to leave him some comments on that page.

I am a new member of this group, but I am not new to Steal Dragons I believe that to be the correct spelling. If you have been on Richards I prefer to call him Dick, anyway if you have been on Dick's site you may have seen the FOA Tiger project he was working on, that is my Tiger. I had contracted with him to RC my Tiger I also gave him a $1000.00 deposit. About a month back I went on the site to check the progress on my Tiger low and behold it had changed to the new site. Needless to say I tried to contact him thru email and leaving voice mail both several times and I'm sure none of you will be surprised that I never heard back from Dick. I want to thank who ever it was in this group that put up the website address for the Florida Attorney General's Office on an earlier thread I went on there site and filed a complaint on Steal Dragons. They in turn sent me many contacts to file complaints with so far I have an ongoing case with The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, I have just filed a complaint with Palm Beach County Consumer Protection Office that is the county that Dick operates out of. I urge any of you out there that have been done wrong by this scum bag to file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General's Office you can do it online and it is easy to do.

I wanted to give credit where credit is due Panzerwerk had the link to The Florida Attorney General's Office on the thread

The Cooler Member and Commercial Unfair Trading & Business Practices

Thanks for putting out that information. You helped me get the ball rolling.

He is in you area , stop by his house and get your stuff .
Trust me the thought has crossed my mind he is only about an Hour and a half from my house but doing that would make me the aggressor I'm not going to give him the opportunity to try and turn this to make himself look like the victim. I'm going to rely on the legal system.

Last edited:
I will just say you would not be the first to knock on his door LOL .
Who could blame them if they did he has his home address on the website under contacts that why they made Google maps. I actually have Google earth on my computer and you can actually see the house Dick lives in. One of our station owners was just here and he lives in West Palm Beach and I asked him about the area where Dick lives and he said it was kind of a slimy area. My thought was well he should fit right in.

OK guys , went back a few pages and cleaned up some non related to the issues postings , please as much as I like the "atta boys" , Lets keep this on track , I dont need sourdoh getting on my back LOL .

Thank you, the wheels of justice turn slowly, hopefully I should know something in the next 30 days, but if the Florida state agencies fail me I have one more Ace to play. I urge anyone owed money or property by Steel Dragons to look into this I have talked with two attorneys and they feel I have a very good case for this: The civil theft statute, F.S. §772.11 (1) (2001), entitled “Civil Remedy For Theft,” do a search and read up about it. This can be done in small claims court so you do not have to have an attorney.

Last edited:
If there is anyone out there in the State of Florida who has done any Business with Steeldragons , please drop me a PM .

New info for Mr Tripp , I have been conversing with a individual who was taken by Mr Tripp for about $400-$500 , he did not take being ripped off lightly and went to several govt agencies to see what could be done , and today a IRS tax lien document has shown up that he has a $161.000 plus federal lien now to worry about .

It goes to show , weather its $1 or $10,000 , its the individual who makes the difference , this guy could have written off his loss with ease and walked away , but the principal of the issue drove him to try to end his multiple thefts from him self and others , Kudos to him , and at least he will have to pay even if its to the Feds .

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back