• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Who bought out Panzerwerks?

Hammer's Africaners

First Sergeant
Does anyone know if the person who bought out Steve's Panzerwerks started selling anything yet? Or if they have a proposed starting date/time?

Whoever it it may be, if they have not opened yet, they might want to consider letting people put in some pre-orders in to help them get the ball rolling.

If they are open, does anyone have the site they are using?

Thanks

Hammer

I'd love to pick up the "Luchs" parts I need to finish my build and would love to get my hands on the T-34 running gear and tracks.

Same here, who is this mystery person? I have a few projects on hold for the need of parts! I need jeep, 250, and multiple tank parts.

What happened to the “magic elves” who used to make his product masters? Steve was always a master craftsman when it came to high quality resin castings but there was a whole crew of master modelers behind the scenes making the parts he replicated.

I would have thought that by now we'd have all kinds of parts available from home crafter 3-D machines. There are a couple of3-D sources but the pricing is much higher than had been the case with resin parts that had to be made by hand.

Leonard
RTT

I can't really answer your questions since I don't really know. But my understanding is Panzerwerks parts won't be available again soon. Might come back but I don't think the new owner of the molds and masters has any immediate plans. I do know Steve was sad to have to let Panzerwerks shut down. He's been in the 1/6th modelling hobby as long as anyone and enjoyed producing parts and joining in with other craftsmen and hobbyists generally. Like a lot of us though the need to make a living is important and our hobby is very small especially when your talking about vehicle parts and detailing items. Whoever purchased Steve's items would probably prefer to stay anonymous since they don't appear to be starting production again. I respect their desire for privacy and think it's a good decision based on the various posts I've seen from people wanting parts. I expect Steve, and all the others who helped him to offer some of the best detail parts and vehicle items are honored by your interest. But I doubt he can answer your questions either so I'm going to respect everyones privacy on this.

According to the party that informed me about this actually forgot to ask who bought it from Steve.LOL!
My friend that informed me has known Steve for over 20 yrs.
According to him Steve may help out with some molding to get him started possibly.
Other than that, that is all l was told.
My source over the years built tons of masters for Steve. I'm not going to say his name and that would open a whole can of worms there. He's busy with his career right now. Plans on returning to his 1/6 projects when he retires in 2 yrs.
THAT IS ALL I KNOW. END OF STORY.
We will have to wait for news. If l hear anything l will let everyone know.
Cheers.
Al

I remember the guy I dealt with him many years back I will not mention his name or handle on here, will let him post it when he is ready.

Cheers

Jeff

215325_178987145483572_5128142_n.jpg

Back