• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. Hammer Six

Memorial Day 2023

TO ABSENT FRIENDS: Clarence Newcomb CPT INF US Army Advance Team 98, HQ, MACV Advisors KIA Republic of Vietnam 25 Jun 1965 John Fewell JR CPT INF US Army Detachment A-107 (TraBong) C CO 5th Special Forces KIA Republic of Viet Nam 28 Jan 1966
  2. Hammer Six

Memorial Day 2021

TO ABSENT FRIENDS: Clarence Newcomb CPT INF US Army Advance Team 98, HQ, MACV Advisors KIA Republic of Vietnam 25 Jun 1965 John Fewell JR CPT INF US Army Detachment A-107 (TraBong) C CO 5th Special Forces KIA Republic of Viet Nam 28 Jan 1966
  3. Hammer Six

Memorial Day 2020

4. Hammer Six

German WW2 bandoliers?

OK Folks...this has been puzzling me for a while so I thought I'd throw it out to this esteemed group. I have seen multiple photos of WW! German troops sporting rifle cartridge bandoliers but I have yet to find any pics of a WW2 German solider wearing one. Did they have them in WW2 and what did...
  5. Hammer Six

Memorial Day 2019

TO ABSENT FRIENDS: Clarence Newcomb CPT INF US Army Advance Team 98, HQ, MACV Advisors KIA Republic of Vietnam 25 Jun 1965 John Fewell JR CPT INF US Army Detachment A-107 (TraBong) C CO 5th Special Forces KIA Republic of Viet Nam 28 Jan 1966[/B]
  6. Hammer Six

War-Toys?

Anybody having problems getting to War Toys site? Can't get through on Chrome or IE.
  7. Hammer Six

German Arty round ?

Does anyone know what the 'Nr' stenciled on German artillery rounds stands for.....have been through all my sources ands can't find anything. Need to know if it is HE, WP, Airburst etc. Many thanks in advance.
  8. Hammer Six

RE: Prof Saki

RE: Prof Saki Received order from him today....please see cooler section......Mods ..if not appropriate please remove
  9. Hammer Six

See the sticky at the top

OK folks.....lets help the best of the best WW2 on line community around....Please contribute.
  10. Hammer Six

Memorial Day 2018

To Absent Friends: Clarence Newcomb CPT INF US Army Advance Team 98, HQ, MACV Advisors KIA Republic of Vietnam 25 Jun 1965 John Fewell JR CPT INF US Army Detachment A-107 (TraBong) C CO 5th Special Forces KIA Republic of Viet Nam 28 Jan 1966 Mike Walker CPT USMC Desert Storm Passed-Carrollton...
  11. Hammer Six

Beware...ebay buyers

About 2 months ago several venders with (0) experience were selling DiD and 3R double packs on new figure starting bid wad $3.99 US. I bid on two groups and won the figure for a good p[rice. Followed the tracking to west coast of US and tracking goes silent until I receive email notice that...
  12. Hammer Six

RIP Lee ERMEY

Just announced that the old devil dog passed away at age 74. RIP Lee....Semper Fi
  13. Hammer Six

Has the hobby really come to this

Was searching EBay for some WW2 figures and this popped up at the bottom of the page where they run the merchandise across that "they feel" you might be interested in of the same genre. This suddenly appeared in the mix...
  14. Hammer Six

? on DX 07 Convention Exclusive

If any one has the 'Alfred Kurzmaul' figure.....can you tell me what color hair the figure has and the head sculpt number. I just got one on EBay and the head does not come close to matching the likeness on the box plus the b/w photo on the back of him on active duty looks similar to the color...
  15. Hammer Six

You have got to be kidding me ll

[ $80.00 for a 'wood and metal' M1 Garand. Talk about the WW2 hobby dying...this is the type of pricing that puts the tombstone on the grave!
  16. Hammer Six

Scarfs?

There is a lady that makes scarfs that normally shows up in the 1/6 WW 2 figure section (Action figures)on Ebay that makes really great scarfs. Need some but haven'[ seen her around lately. If anyone has a link to her items or link to where she is selling them it would really be appreciated TIA
  17. Hammer Six

Marder ll from PZ ll

My very good friend Point Man made this conversion of a Marder ll from the desert version of DML's PZ ll. My contribution was buying parts needed, cost of the building materials and a DML "ELSE". Mike is a real craftsman and I'm proud to be the owner. [/UR[/IMG] The center ammo...
  18. Hammer Six

A $10.000 jeep on Ebay!

This can't be right especially after you read the condition of the vehicle. They must have made only one of these for SOTW! http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORMATIVE-INTERNATIONAL-ACTION-FIGURE-JEEP-1-6-SCALE-G-I-JOE-M2-Browning-Gun-/172659531448?hash=item28334f5eb8:g:UhQAAOSwSypY82ek
  19. Hammer Six

Texas Flying Legends

Awesome low level flyby of WW2 aircraft. Crank the volume and listen to those great piston engines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2jbgWAJmnA
  20. Hammer Six

234/4 ?

Looking for detailed interior photos of the 234/4 (PAK 40). Have checked all my ref books and spent hours on Google. Primarily looking for photos of placement of radio and ammo storage. Many thanks in advance
Back