• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. Panzercommander HOH

SSCC 13th Annual FIGURECON at The Tri-State Warbird Museum - October 15th & 16, 2022

SSCC 13th Annual FIGURECON at The Tri-State Warbird Museum - October 15th & 16, 2022 The 13th Annual FIGURECON at The Tri-State Warbird Museum A GI Joe Action Figure Show with something for everyone! Hundreds of figures and vehicles from all manufacturers and genres on display and for sale...
  2. Panzercommander HOH

Lewisburg, Ohio WWII Tribute and Reenactment

The Lewisburg, Ohio WWII Tribute and Reenactment DATES & TIMES: Friday, September 17th, 2021 - 1:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. Saturday, September 18th, 2021 - 10:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. Sunday, September 19th, 2021 - 10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. LOCATION: Lewisburg Community Center 261 East Clay...
  3. Panzercommander HOH

The Eighth Annual Kentuckiana GI Joe Toy Expo - Saturday, July 31st, 2021

The Eighth Annual Kentuckiana GI Joe Toy Expo Date: Saturday, July 31, 2021 Time: 10:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. Place: Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport 2735 Crittenden Drive Louisville, KY 40209 Admission: $8.00 per Person For More Information: https://www.kygijoe.com/index.html...
  4. Panzercommander HOH

To The Victor Go The Spoils

To The Victor Go The Spoils The 75th Anniversary of the German surrender, 8 May, 1945. HAPPY V-E DAY FROM THE RAG-TAG CIRCUS! (The Buckeye Boys (Almost) Blitz'ed Berlin!) A Couple of Notes: 1. This is my fourth and final 75th anniversary post (1. Remagen, 2. Operation Varsity, 3. The...
  5. Panzercommander HOH

The Meeting at the Elbe / Встреча на Эльбе

The Meeting at the Elbe / Встреча на Эльбе The Meeting at the Elbe / Встреча на Эльбе Commemorating the 75th anniversary of the US 69th Infantry Division meeting the Soviet 58th Guards Rifle Division at the Elbe River near Torgau, Germany, on April 25th, 1945. This has been a project long in...
  6. Panzercommander HOH

The Last Drop: 75th Anniversary of Operation Varsity

THE LAST DROP: 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF OPERATION VARSITY Commemorating the 75th Anniversary of Operation Varsity - the largest single-day and last major airborne operation of the Second World War. I've been hard at work the past few weeks on this Operation Varsity photoshoot. Running late per...
  7. Panzercommander HOH

Photos from the 12th Annual SSCC FIGURECON

We had a great time at the show this year! Tons of great displays put on by the club and a great selection of vendors with all of your 1:6th scale needs! If you missed our show, sadly you've probably missed the last 1:6th scale show that will take place for a while given the current state of...
  8. Panzercommander HOH

The Bridge at Remagen

OPERATION LUMBERJACK A COMPANY, 14TH TANK BATTALION, 9TH ARMORED DIVISION A COMPANY, 27TH ARMORED INFANTRY BATTALION, 9TH ARMORED DIVISION LUDENDORFF RAILROAD BRIDGE REMAGEN, GERMANY 7 MARCH 1945 On Saturday, March 7th, 2020, I marked the 75th Anniversary of the 9th Armored Division capturing...
  9. Panzercommander HOH

Making the M-1 Garand Web Sling: A Tutorial

Making The M-1 Garand Web Sling: A Tutorial A brief history on the real thing: Approved by the Quartermaster in late 1942, the web sling for the M-1 Garand was designed as a cheaper and easier to use replacement for the M-1907 leather sling. The web sling first saw combat in 1943, and...
  10. Panzercommander HOH

28th Infantry Division M1919A6 Gunners

28th Infantry Division M1919A6 Gunners To commemorate the 75th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge and the role the 28th Infantry Division played in the battle; we'll take a look at the 28th Infantry Division Battle of the Bulge figure releases from the major manufacturers and suggest some...
  11. Panzercommander HOH

SAVE THE DATE: 12th Annual SSCC FIGURECON - March 7 & 8, 2020

We're just under ONE WEEK from the 12th Annual SSCC FIGURECON at EnterTRAINment Junction: Dates & Times: Saturday, March 7th, 2020 - 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. Sunday, March 8th, 2020 - 12:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. Location: Entertrainment Junction 7379 Squire Court West Chester, OH 45069...
  12. Panzercommander HOH

Orange Is The Color Of The Day

ORANGE IS THE COLOR OF THE DAY 75 Years Ago Today - September 17th, 1944 "Flying into Holland we were above the Guards British Armored Division. Stretched out for miles were large and medium tanks with their supporting paraphernalia strung out behind. Looking ahead, I could see the orange...
  13. Panzercommander HOH

Lunken Airport Days - August 31st & September 1st

COMING THIS LABOR DAY WEEKEND! DATES AND TIMES: Saturday, August 31st - 10:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M Sunday, September 1st - 10:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. ADDRESS: Lunken Airport 262 Wilmer Avenue Cincinnati, OH 45226 Free Parking Across the Street! The club will be set up in the airport terminal...
  14. Panzercommander HOH

Sixth Annual Kentuckiana GI Joe Toy Expo - July 20, 2019

The SSCC will have a booth with figures and vehicles at the show. There will be tons of great 1/6th stuff there, plus almost anything GI Joe - vintage or modern. For More Info: http://www.kygijoe.com/index.html https://www.facebook.com/Kygijoe http://www.kygijoe.com/vendors-list.html Stop...
  15. Panzercommander HOH

Photos from the 11th Annual SSCC FIGURECON

We had a great time this past weekend at the show! Tons of great displays put on by the club and a great selection of vendors with all of your 1:6th scale needs! The club especially appreciates the following board members taking the time to get up from behind their computer desks and actually...
  16. Panzercommander HOH

The Last Drop: 17th Airborne - Operation Varsity

THE LAST DROP: OPERATION VARSITY 2ND BATTALION 507TH PARACHUTE INFANTRY REGIMENT 17TH AIRBORNE DIVISION DROP ZONE W DIERSFORDT, GERMANY 24 MARCH 1945 Operation Varsity, taking place 74 years ago today (March 24th) - below are the photos of my Operation Varsity display from the SSCC's 11th...
  17. Panzercommander HOH

Cory Walker Redux

Cory Walker Redux Private Cory Walker 27th Armored Infantry Battalion 9th Armored Division Remagen Bridge - March 7th, 1945 74 years ago today, March 7th, 1945, elements of the 9th Armored Division captured the Ludendorff railroad bridge across the Rhine River at Remagen. 14 years ago...
  18. Panzercommander HOH

What would you like to see from DiD in 2019? Facebook Survey

To those who have Facebook: DiD posted a survey on their Facebook page asking people what they would like to see from DiD in 2019: DiD Facebook Page Link: https://www.facebook.com/DidCorporation DiD Facebook Survey Link...
  19. Panzercommander HOH

Merry Christmas

Next Stop: BASTOGNE Merry Christmas from the Front!
  20. Panzercommander HOH

WIP AEF Doughboy

A work in progress to mark a now-missed anniversary: My American Expeditionary Forces doughboy for the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I: November 11th, 1918 I would have posted him on the 11th, but I was marking the occasion with a whole row of French 75s, Casablanca style: On...
Back