• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. The_Dutchman

SdKfz 250 project

With some more spare time available for the hobby, I've decided to finally finish a project that I started back in 2013 (!): an Armour Hobbies Sd.Kfz 250. Back in 2013, a company called Panzerwerks sold 1/6 parts to customize and improve the basic AH kit and I puchased some items of them...
  2. The_Dutchman

Merry Christmas!

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous 2024!
  3. The_Dutchman

German fieldkitchen utensils

In order to complement my german fieldkitchen I designed and printed a number of kitchen utensils which I can deliver as kits to be assembled & painted. Prices are shown in the pictures. Reference picture used: I can also provide a set of instruction-plates for the fieldkitchen for 3 euro per...
  4. The_Dutchman

Cavalry photo shoot

Hello gents, I know some of you don't like to venture onto facebook so here are a bunch of pictures for you. This photo shoot was taken in 3 stages and took a about 6 hours to complete. It shows an early war cavalry column with two HF.1 wagons and a HF.13 fieldkitchen plus limber. Enjoy the...
  5. The_Dutchman

Merry Christmass!

I wish everyone a very merry Christmass!
  6. The_Dutchman

Project Atlantic Wall, Normandie, june 5th 1944

Normandie Atlantic Wall, Luftwaffe 2cm Flak crew, evening of June 5th 1944. Little do they know of the 5000+ ships approaching the beaches of Normandie, eager to start the liberation of Western Europe. Operation Overlord is about to start. NB: Not quit finished yet, more details still to add...
  7. The_Dutchman

Early war photoshoot

Hi all, Last july I was able to organize a photoshoot (with help from my friends Theo and Guus) to showcase my early war german cavalry, the Heeresfeldwagens HF1 and the Heerefeldwagen HF13 (field kitchen) with it's Vorderwagen (limber). Unfortunately the HF13 had a catastrophic failure when I...
  8. The_Dutchman

Some new 1/6 'Garage build' manufacturers

Hi All, 'Garage build' manufacturers are typically small 1 or 2 man operations who design (and possibly build & paint) 1/6 products. either in a small production run or on commission basis. I know some of you don't like to venture inte Facebook, so I thought it would be a good idea to show...
  9. The_Dutchman

Anyone ordered from https://www.toyztactic.com/?

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this site https://www.toyztactic.com/ and what their experience was?
  10. The_Dutchman

Vorderwagen HF.13

The Heeresfeldwagen 13 contains a limber in addition to the field kitchen so I have to build that too. Like the HF.13 it will be build with everything that would be part of equipment. Enjoy the pictures!
  11. The_Dutchman

Heeresfeldwagen 13

I realise there are many people who do not like to use FB, so to those people: here are a few pictures of my current project: a german Heeresfeldwagen 13, better known as the 'Gulashkanone'. The idea is to make it as complete as possible, with all the gear that would be part of the kitchen...
  12. The_Dutchman

Number of tracks in DML's Sherman kit

Hello, I've found an opened DML Sherman kit available locally but I want to make sure it is complete when I pick it up. Can anyone tell me how many tracks should be included in the kit? Cheers, Randall
  13. The_Dutchman

For Sale: No3 Mine Detector model kit

For Sale: British No3 Mine Detector model kit This model contains all the parts to create a British mine detector set (though from Polish origine) consisting off: - A full length mine detector - A small hand-held mine detector - A headset - A transport case with working lid This kit contains...
  14. The_Dutchman

For Sale: German 'wooden' wagon wheels set

Properly scaled german wagon wheels with correct number of spokes (12), as used on most of the standard german horse wagons, field kitchens, limbers etc. Designed and 3d printed using dimensions taken from original museum specimen. Set contains: - 2 wheels - 2 hub caps - 2 hub cap pegs. Diameter...
  15. The_Dutchman

British machete

Hello guys, Just want to show my custum built british machete. Part of every British Brengun section leader's equipment.
  16. The_Dutchman

Happy new Year to all

Wishing all SAG members a healthy, happy and prosperous 2020. May your 1/6 wishes come true!
  17. The_Dutchman

For Sale: Various version of British wireless set 19 mk iii

For Sale: Various versions of British wireless set 19 mk iii The Wireless Set 19 was the most commonly used vehicle radio set by British and Commonwealth troops during WW2. All sets will be delivered painted and assembled into major components. Cables and cable-connectors will be provided as...
  18. The_Dutchman

British wireless set WS19 coming soon!

Hello folks, Here are a few promotional shots of the various WS19 sets I will be offering soon. Stay tuned!
  19. The_Dutchman

For sale: Kit no 2 for building 2cm or 5cm German Ammo crate

Construction kit for building 1 German ammo crate for either 2cm Flak rounds or 5cm mortar rouands Kit contains pre-cut balsa boards, 3d printed 'hardware' and dry rub-off decals. Crate does NOT open. Comes with build instructions. Price: Kit 2: 9 euro Shipping: Europe: 15 euro Rest of the...
  20. The_Dutchman

For sale: Kit 1 for building 8cm German Ammo crates

For sale: Kit no 1 for building 8cm German Ammo crates Construction kit for building 1 German 8cm ammo crate Crate for three 8cm mortar rounds. Kit contains pre-cut balsa boards, 3d printed 'hardware', 'rope' and dry rub-off decals. Crate does NOT open. Comes with build instructions. Price...
Back