• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Project Atlantic Wall, Normandie, june 5th 1944

The_Dutchman

Company Commander
Normandie Atlantic Wall, Luftwaffe 2cm Flak crew, evening of June 5th 1944. Little do they know of the 5000+ ships approaching the beaches of Normandie, eager to start the liberation of Western Europe. Operation Overlord is about to start.

NB: Not quit finished yet, more details still to add like a weapons rack for the K98s.

Attachments

• IMG_3362 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_3362 (Aangepast).JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3346 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_3346 (Aangepast).JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3347 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_3347 (Aangepast).JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3350 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_3350 (Aangepast).JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3351 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_3351 (Aangepast).JPG
    204 KB · Views: 42
More pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_3352 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_3352 (Aangepast).JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3353 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_3353 (Aangepast).JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3354 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_3354 (Aangepast).JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3355 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_3355 (Aangepast).JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3356 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_3356 (Aangepast).JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 30
That is a very nice rendition indeed...the calm before the storm so to speak. I am thinking along the same lines for my planned 2024 series on D-Day but doing it from the view of an observation bunker (the scene where Pluskat peers thru the bunker's aperture towards the ships on the horizon - such is the plan anyway) but will definitely take some inspiration from your efforts.

Always enjoy the comms set-ups whether they be early DML or later DiD but definitely a good selection to choose from these days along with many ancillary objects. I have the four-set CHE release (I recall around 2005) of the comms sets, one with a power bike. Nice touch with the Enigma as well. I do wish they'd put out some more of the Allied types. Looking forward to seeing the final results and thanks for sharing. Regards, Steve

This is a really neat setup. I like the fact that it sits on top of a cabinet. Great details with the stove, air filter setup, lighting etc. The hanging bunks are really cool too!

Thanks for posting!

This is a really neat setup. I like the fact that it sits on top of a cabinet. Great details with the stove, air filter setup, lighting etc. The hanging bunks are really cool too!

Thanks for posting!
Actually, it's a display cabinet in my livingroom.

Attachments

• IMG_3363 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_3363 (Aangepast).JPG
    224 KB · Views: 54
I think we should all take a leaf out of 'Dutchman's book regarding having a huge display case set-up in our loungerooms...I'll put it to my wife immediately (note this may be my last post). Great display case indeed. Cheers, Steve

This is amazing work! I've never seen a air filter system or stove in 1/6 before, where did you get them? Even the bedding and bunks, did you make them yourself?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is amazing work! I've never seen a air filter system or stove in 1/6 before, where did you get them? Even the bedding and bunks, did you make them yourself?
Yes, they are my own creations. I designed & 3d printed them.

Attachments

• IMG_2283.jpg
    IMG_2283.jpg
    659.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2284.jpg
    IMG_2284.jpg
    687.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2285.jpg
    IMG_2285.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Knipsel.JPG
    Knipsel.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 10
Very nice display! And the 3D stove is just awesome, and a wonderful complemet to many scenes.

The whole display reminds me of a visit to the bunker/museum in Ouistreham a few years ago, which I would recommend to anyone interested in the topic. Loosely based on it I built this little diorama. Hope you like it!

Jordi

20240105_090520 small.jpg
20240105_090547 small.jpg
20240105_090621 small.jpg

Attachments

• 20240105_085127[1].jpg
    20240105_085127[1].jpg
    1,003.6 KB · Views: 6
Grand work and as a fan of any communications gear in 1/6th am always looking for a way myself to set up a nice little command post whether static or field. Great layout regards the field telephones also. Out of interest do you intend to change the piping on his shoulderboards to match that on his sidecap???, love the headsculpt selected. Thanks for sharing, Steve

Back