• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

1/6th Items for Sale from Jack Yang

That's a bunch of great looking items Jack :!:

The "wardrobe" looks like a typical German barracks locker with some added bling :P A great piece.

Thanks Sixth Vanguard,

I'm really happy about how that wardrobe turned out. They are beautiful. I just can't believe he only made 10! Don't miss out if you want one! Only 8 left and going fast!!!

Jack

Ok everyone,

The bill is paid and the stuff is on the way!!! I'll post another update as soon as the package lands!

Jack

Hi Everyone,

The big box from Singapore just showed up to my door! I've unpacked and checked everything so if all goes well I will be sending out packages of goodies on Monday. Thanks for all your patience and support in this endeavor!

Regards,

Jack

Jack,
Just curious about a cost for the U.S. food containers. I'm in for a couple, depending on the cost. Sorry if I missed it in a different post.
Bob

Here you go Bob a copy and paste

Good news everyone!

I just got an email from my manufacturer and he said the food containers will remain the same price for me so the price will continue to be $15 with the improved wing nut detail and leather straps! He said they will be ready to ship by next week. I will be sending invoices to all that have ordered so far and if anyone else would like to order food containers or kitchen stuff please get your order in by next Monday as I have to give him my final count by then. More cool stuff to come.

Jack

jack, I want to purchase the following items; 1 milk can (large) 1 bucket (small) 1 apron, 1 soup ladle, 1 strainer and 1 stool please advise.........thankyou, Robbie pierce aka engrco ps...I'm not very good at this computer stuff!

Anything else you guys wanna see in 1/6th that we've missed so far????

Jack

First of all I'd like to say that it's great to see these products to enrich the selection of items available.

One of the items I'm missing though is cases for the 75mm StuK 40 rounds as used on StuGs. Any chance of adding these to the list?

Hi everyone,

I'm glad you like the items offered so far. Thanks for all the suggestions for new items. I'm really glad 1/6th is still alive and well. We will keep it that way by offering new and much desired items. I'm personally making a bunch of custom stuff for my movie but so far members have suggested:

German squat heater
US food container (round and rectangular)
US and German telephones and switchboards
Milk containers of different sizes
75mm Stuk 40 rounds
Buckets of all sizes

I'd be interested in the 75mm Stuk 40 round if you had a prototype I could reproduce it all day. That is a fairly simple cast to pour. I'm currently working on motorizing the Dragon Sherman and recasting the pads in Polyurethane rubber and the connectors in Polyurethane resin. Using my RC Stuart motors I'm fairly confident I can get this this going and recast and replace all the parts necessary with 1000x stronger resin to keep it from catastrophic failure. I've cast a few things in different shapes with my resin mixture and all I can say is it is almost impossible to sand, very hard to cut or mar, and doesn't shatter. It will bend but only after a lot of pressure and in the thickness that it's cast it most likely will never bend. With a mixture of aluminum powder in the resin it creates a metallic sheen when scuffed or sanded. Very lifelike!!

I'm probably going to start making aprons and buckets myself since they are in high demand and I'm not totally happy with the way they've been coming out. I'm going to see how this next batch looks and if I'm not satisfied I'll start making them myself. Thanks again everyone and please keep sending in your suggestions!

Jack

Jack, hopefully my money got down there ok ,please respond......thanks Robbie yes I do want an apron just let me know how much

Hi Robbie,

Got your money just fine thanks. The aprons are $2 and I'm going to be making them myself. They will have 1/16" brass eyelets holding the ties and neck loop strings and "no fray" micro fiber cloth for the apron. This should give your kitchen diorama the final detail your looking for.

Jack

Hi Robbie,

Sorry for all the trouble and wait! After all the research and development here is what the apron looks like:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk56/jackntbox/photo 4.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk56/jackntbox/photo 5.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk56/jackntbox/photo 1.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk56/jackntbox/photo 2.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk56/jackntbox/photo 3.jpg

I used 0.80mm silk beading thread for the ties and neck. The brass eyelets were a real challenge to figure out but I think they add a nice touch. I secured everything down with a dab of E6000 adhesive. It's nice because it holds without stiffening the material like superglue. The buckets I'm afraid are a wash. I think the manufacturer is totally busy making large vehicles now. I've secured about 9 of my own buckets for my movie and I will be sending those out to the last customers still waiting for buckets. I'm sorry it took so long but I've had no control over this other than going ahead and making them myself which is why it has taken me so long.

Regards,

Jack

Back