• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Armorpax's 25 Pounder

Hi All,

Rest of the axle and brake parts cast and fitted. I'v made a slightly simplified version of the brake assembly to keep it strong enough in resin and make it a little easier to cast. There is also a little artistic licence in my original brake handle but I decided to mould it and add to the set.

I've also made and cast the first of the lower rear trail angles.

Best regards

Dave

PC302982.jpg

PC302983.jpg

PC302984.jpg

PC302985.jpg

PC302986.jpg

Hi All,

I started off relocating the two rear side brackets. I've moved them 2 rivets back and am much happier with the overall look. That led to the two rear handles and sole plate for the spade..................

There has to be a sensible cut off point for the kit parts but not sure where that is yet :D

Happy New Year.

Dave

PC312990.jpg

PC312989.jpg

PC312987.jpg

PC312988.jpg

Hi All,

Slide reinforcements finished. I haven't added the weld between the part and the recoil trough as these may vary slightly. I would suggest that the parts are sanded to fit if necessary than the extra weld is added using Milliput.

Best regards

Dave

P1022997.jpg

P1022998.jpg

P1022999.jpg

Hi All,

Yesterdays parts are curing in moulds and I've made the Handspike and brackets which are also now in moulds.

Best regards

Dave

P1033004.jpg

When this gun is finished, painted, and weathered, and photographed in the right setting it will be very hard to tell if it's 1/6th or the real thing

Hi All,

I added the gunners seat lock to the breech detail mould block. I've also made another of the lower trail angles.

Cast texture has now been added to the barrel counterweight and as I am remoulding the Handspikes made the other breech detail part to go in a mould tonight.

Best regards

Dave

P1043005.jpg

P1043006.jpg

P1043007.jpg

P1043008.jpg

P1043009.jpg

P1043011.jpg

Hi All,

New breech detail parts and welds added. New Handspikes done and fitted and one shown in the rear socket.

I am doing the bottom angle that is still missing, the two storage boxes and the foot pedal assembly for the handspike sockets then thats the update kit done. It wil include 40 tie downs, which I think is how many needed but wil confirm once I have fitted them.

Anything else will be small one off additions.

Best regards

Dave

P1053012.jpg

P1053013.jpg

P1053014.jpg

P1053015.jpg

P1053017.jpg

P1053019.jpg

P1053020.jpg

P1053021.jpg

P1053022.jpg

P1053023.jpg

Hi All,

First of the new storage boxes done. It will be going in a mould later this week.

Best regards

Dave

P1073030.jpg

P1073031.jpg

Nice work as usual David.

Keep after it.

I keep trying to get you know who, to buy a kit, but no going to. LOL

Jeff

Back