• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Marder III Ausf.M(late)

fusilier Thanks for the inspiration.

I made the tabs but still have to make the straps.

P6030426_zpsvriwc1sa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P6030429_zpsvio0cyoo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P6030430_zpsfloewbgz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I am still working on my Marder

I have the gas mask tubes on and made the junction box for the throat mic and headset. I guess this box would be for the commander, don't know where the one for the gunner would be. Have not seen anything in any pictures or the real thing, any ideas where?
Still have to finish the one ammo rack and the gas mask and MG mount. I will make the periscopes next.
Slowly getting there.

P8170440_zps7v1u6jnc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P8170441_zpsueuchcyo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P8170439_zpsgz6glkr3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P8180445_zps3eupiube.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P8170443_zpsb1ajfiy2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P8180449_zps3yyjgepj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh my gosh! She's a real beauty! All those fasteners!

Thanks so much for posting it, and keep it going.

Put the lens on and painted it. From what I have seen they were painted black. The top and bottom parts are bakelite. As you can see I have a real one that I copied in 1/6 scale.

171005838.yKBK2yTL.jpg

171005841.WKpcrmjz.jpg

The detail applied to your build is amazing...surely and exercise in patience and fine research, looking forward to seeing how this all comes together in the end. Thanks for sharing, Steve

AWESOME piece. Best ive ever seen.
Does the Gunners seat flip up also, or stationary? Good picks of it are hard to find.
Also may l suggest the Cyber-Hobby Dragon Pak 40 version. WAY better than the 21C version. The cyber-hobby is hands down fantastic, especially the muzzle brake.

The gunners seat is stationary. Here are some of the best pics I could find of it.
The first is an early model Marder the next is a late model (from Saumur).
I still have to add the box under the seat.
Does anyone know what that box at the ammo rack is for? Holds 20 of something rounded.

171029005.18QW8Qqa.jpg

171029004.SjDgc4uS.marderseat.jpg

Warriorant I don't think it is for the fuses. The fuse box is on an early version marder and from what I have seen it did not have that box at the ammo rack. The late version marder did have this box but not the fuse box, that is where the periscope is mounted.
That picture of the early version is the only one I have seen that has that fuse box mounted there. Most have the periscopes there, as you can see in the first picture I posted.

Forgot to add this.
Not for MG drums - too small

171030928.4L6xifJZ.jpg

Last edited:
I have not worked on my Marder for quite some time but I did make the box by the ammo rack.

171459644.QBDve80V.jpg

I made it so you can open the top two sections.

171459645.NRVO2Klz.jpg

And I found out what is stored inside.

171459646.BgXKcsBj.jpg

Back