• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Post new board issues here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys.........love the new format...........but I think the clock is wrong. It is now 0915 EST and some of the post are reading the time as having been posted at 1:15 PM today. Should that be 0115 AM?

Hi Dick,

You have to change your time zone in the User CP located in the tool bar under the rotating banner at the top of the page. Once in your user CP, click "edit options" under settings and options on the left side of the screen. Scroll down until you see Date and Time Options close to the bottom of the page. Hope this helps.

Jamie

I have had a couple small issues sometime when I try to post the screen goes blank and I get an error message saying my request didn't go thru but when I go back to the thread my post is there. I got the same message when trying to send a PM and I know a friend had the same problem he called me to tell me he couldn't PM me but it actually did go thru. The only other thing I noticed was all my old sent messages I deleted ages ago were back all 250+ LOL No big deal i deleted them again but it was interesting to see some of them. I was on the old board since day 1 it will take me a little time to get used to the new one but so far it seems to be working well.

Can't view sent Pm's
Also I put the plans in the wrong section should of been in the other one.

My Bad.:D

Cheers
Jeff

Really digging the new uniform the Sag is sporting. :)

Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but I'm really not a big-fan of the highlighted text.

Some threads I've skipped over someone's comments because they are one line and I think it's a signature or a quote.

I know it was brought up elsewhere by Reese, but couldn't find it...

Otherwise, looking great, and just getting the feet wet.

Guest Message disappeared

I received a PM from a guest this morning. I did not reply immediately, nor did I delete it. When I went back to find it, it is not in my messages, and is nowhere to be found.

I have to say I agree with Original Paintbrush, the text being highlighted with grey boxes is kind of distracting to me, makes the page too busy.

How come all my posts show a link to a jpg at the bottom rather than the actual jpg?

Who ever fixed my signature to link to my website I say Thank You Very Much..... I appreciate it greatly.

Any reason why I got a Happy Birthday message from the SAG as soon as Midnight hit 1-1-2011? The SAG also took about 11 years off my age! That's a good thing. LOL

Any reason why I got a Happy Birthday message from the SAG as soon as Midnight hit 1-1-2011? The SAG also took about 11 years off my age! That's a good thing. LOL

This, posted the day the new board went up.

Another couple of .. ahem... features :)
Birthdays did not migrate, so everyone's birthday is set to Jan 1st. Remember to update that in your profile while you are there :!: (Set it to whatever you like, it isn't used for much more than displaying your age.)

The Smilies don't get selected correctly. I pick a certain one and another random one shows up. What gives?

Hammer,

I've gotten a couple of your messages, and have replied. Not sure they are reaching you inbox though. If you want to continue our deal in email, mine is sawemoff2009@yahoo.com. I am having similar problems with the PM I do believe though.

How do you know they aren't sent?
If they aren't saved in your sent messages folder, that may be because saving sent messages is off by default. You can turn it on, it is an option in th user control panel settings.

You can also ask for a "read receipt" when you send a PM, which will tell you when a PM is read. It has to be opened by the person it is sent to to be marked as "read".

Hammer and sawmeoff, try sending me a PM with the read receipt option selected. It is at the bottom of the PM window in "additional options" before you send it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back