• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by Bluegum

1. Bluegum

Hello Tony, I hope you are well. I’m just wondering if your 1/6 shop is operating? Cheers Stuart

Hello Tony, I hope you are well. I’m just wondering if your 1/6 shop is operating? Cheers Stuart
  2. Bluegum

WWI German Stormtrooper.

Very nice work! Which brand of helmet did you use?
  3. Bluegum

I just painted up another set of Dragon British Webbing

DML P37 webbing always seems to look better when it’s painted.
  4. Bluegum

Private,1st Marine Division 1942~1943 Guadalcanal

I totally agree, it’s not bad for 7 year old figure.
  5. Bluegum

Australian uniform Vietnam

If you can find the BBi "Harry Sinclair" uniform and with some work to the shirt and pants could work as VN 'greens' as we called them. Tankers also wore a black beret with the tank core badge. Swan beer! Now that's a beer nobody drinks unless you live in Perth, Western Australia. When you used...
  6. Bluegum

Destruction of the wrecks of USS HOUSTON & HMAS PERTH in the Sunda Strait.

Hi all, This is a shout out to the America members of the forum. Since about the start of the year there has systematic striping of the wreck of HMAS PERTH by salvage hunters. Those not familiar with the name PERTH mite know of USS HOUSTON, both ship fought side by side in the Battle of Sunda...
  7. Bluegum

ANZAC Day Tribute

Thanks Will, nice group of figures. As a former LH trooper it's always nice to see them pop up on the forum. I like the flag reminds me of one in our OR's mess. Also good to see some kiwis remembered.
  8. Bluegum

Finnish Sergeant, Continuation War

BattleGear Toys Take a look here lots of good stuff.
  9. Bluegum

Victoria

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.sg/viewitem?itemId=400342913750&index=2&nav=WATCHING&nid=11143636872 I thought this mite interest you, female size Russian shirts If the link doesn't work just try this in eBay's search "C063 1/6 CY COOL GIRL CG Brown Long Sleeve Shirt"
  10. Bluegum

Finnish Sergeant, Continuation War

I've seen photos showing the entrenching shovel with a hole drilled near the edge of the head and the shovel hanging from a clip off the waist belt. Also the Finnins where using M16 German helmets at that time. Nice work so far.
  11. Bluegum

Finnish Soldier, Winter War, 1939, WIP

Like your work so far, nice stuff. For a weapon you could use the Cavalry carbine 1898 pattern that comes with DiD's 'JAKOB BLAU' figure. In some pictures I've got in one of my WWII books it shows Finnish ski troops armed with them. As for field gear DiD's WWI German stuff would do a good job...
  12. Bluegum

Hello new to the forum

The armband is from a SS 'PLA earthquake rescue' figure and the helmet is from another SS figure I think it was called 'Incerdent at Marco Polo Bridge'.
  13. Bluegum

Hello new to the forum

Hello, I'm new to the forum just like start off with a small kitbash I've done in last couple of months. She is a Medic of 8th Route Army which was one few CPC formations to actively fight the Japanese. The CPC where happy let the Nationalist's forces bash themselves against the Japanese and...
Back